DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Recording/logging of user/admin access to Draytek Firewall

• daveb-wist
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jun 2023 15:35 #1 by daveb-wist
Hi,

I work for a reseller of your products. We have a customer with 4 DrayTek routers (3900, 2850, 2862, 2927).
The customer wants to be able to have an ongoing record of when anyone (usually the admin) logs in to any
of these devices.

I have tested this using Syslog, but can't tell if this will actually log admin/user login access to the
Firewall as it seems to generate huge amount of data?

Or is there any other way to get notified or record a log of when an admin/user logs in to the Firewall?
I can get email notification to be sent but can't see how you can get a notification of a login to the router to be sent via email?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2023 08:36 #2 by piste basher
I can't help with your question but when you refer to "your products" you should be aware that this is not an official Draytek site. You might be better advised to contact Draytek Support directly.

More
17 Jun 2023 11:06 #3 by edinburgh
Can't you untick the ones you don't want to be logged in System Maintenance >> SysLog / Mail Alert Setup?

• daveb-wist
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jun 2023 17:48 #4 by daveb-wist
Hi, thanks for your help so far...

Re: Can't you untick the ones you don't want to be logged in System Maintenance >> SysLog / Mail Alert Setup?

Under System Maintenance >> SysLog/Mail Alert >> Syslog Access Setup there is an option called:
"User Access Log"

And under Maintenance >> SysLog/Mail Alert >> Mail Alert there is an option called:
"User Access Mail Alert"

Looking though the manual I can't see if either of these options are supposed to log or email when a user logins in to the Firewall or if they refer to something else?

In the DrayTek world does "User Access" mean when someone logs in to the router?

Thanks

:)

More
18 Jun 2023 08:35 #5 by edinburgh
I'm confused by your use of 'firewall'. Do you mean 'device'?

With regards to your specific request: why don't you enable/disable the relevant options to see if they do what your needs are.

More
20 Jun 2023 13:26 #6 by protech
Sorry, by device I mean the "DrayTek Router/firewall".

Moderators: Sami