InterVPN Connections

• scuzzie2k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jan 2011 10:33 #1 by scuzzie2k
InterVPN Connections was created by scuzzie2k
Hi I have a 2820 at our main site, a 2710 at my house which has a VPN into the 2820 and works fine when I access 192.168.10.0 traffic. We have another remote site on the 192.168.2.0 range and can access this from the main office but not my house any ideas? thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2011 11:46 #2 by rpg
Replied by rpg on topic InterVPN Connections
If you have LAN to LAN VPN then no that would not work as your local router would not know about 192.168.2.0 range. You may be able to put a static route on your local router to direct the traffic to the 192.168.10.0 address first which will allow the office router to correctly connect, that may lead to other routing issues on the journey back.

If using PC to LAN then you need to enable "Use Default Gateway on remote network" within the TCP/IP settings of the VPN connection.

• scuzzie2k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jan 2011 14:13 #3 by scuzzie2k
Replied by scuzzie2k on topic InterVPN Connections
How do you put static routs on the 2710 router do you know?

Regards

More
26 Jan 2011 13:56 #4 by rpg
Replied by rpg on topic InterVPN Connections
Quick flick through the 2710 Manual and no - I cant see anywhere to be able to add static routes !

The other way would be to add a static route on your local machine. Something like:

Route ADD 192.168.2.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 ???

I think the ??? would have to be the IP address of the office router. if the office router was 192.168.10.1 then the whole command would be:

Route ADD 192.168.2.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 192.168.10.1

Adding -p to the end of the line should made the route persistent which will mean it remembers the route after a reboot, otherwise you will need to add the route every time you turn on.

More
26 Jan 2011 21:11 #5 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic InterVPN Connections
It's true that the 2710 doesn't support static routes however for LAN to LAN VPN connections that shouldn't matter - the static routes are set in the individual LAN to LAN profile, using the More button just below the Remote Network IP settings.
That would need to be done on both VPNs that are connecting to the central router, so that packets will be routed through both ways, otherwise you'll still see pings fail if one side is aware of the route and the other isn't.

• wrightclick
  • User
  • User
More
20 Apr 2011 11:51 #6 by wrightclick
Replied by wrightclick on topic Re: InterVPN Connections
Did you ever get this to work? I've got a similar problem whereby one of my customers has 3 remote offices using either 2800 or 2710 routers, connecting with IPSec VPNs to a 3300V+ at the main site (each one connects to a different WAN port on the 3300) and I need to get the remote offices to be able to see each other, for the new IP phone system to be able to make calls between the remote offices. I've tried what you suggest by adding IPs to the list in the More section at both remote sites and the routing tables look fine, but I still can't ping between the remote offices.