DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830n Wireless Guest Portal

• davidtudor
  • Topic Author
More
18 Oct 2011 15:30 #1 by davidtudor
2830n Wireless Guest Portal was created by davidtudor
This question seems to have been asked already but no answer yet and it's regarding providing wireless access to guests whilst preventing them from having access to the rest of the network.

I have a 2820n and I can get it to work fine but on the 2830n I keep getting poorly written warnings that provide little in the way of answers.

Can anyone offer an idiot's guide to setting up a means of offering wi-fi access to guests at my office ?

Many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2011 22:04 #2 by replabrobin
Replied by replabrobin on topic Re: 2830n Wireless Guest Portal
I also have a 2830n and want to make a guest wifi ssid. The manual talks about isolate LAN, but my web interface shows only isolate membr and isolate VPN. How do I make an SSID that sees the web only.

More
13 Dec 2011 22:56 #3 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2830n Wireless Guest Portal
I've made some images that show how to do it :)
http://imgur.com/a/ZEgcE

In image 1, enable the guest SSID and tick Isolate member (stops wireless clients connecting to each other, good in this case) and Isolate VPN (stops them connecting to LAN to LAN VPNs)

In image 2 set it up exactly as shown, no need to tick Enable under the VLAN tag section (which could make you lose access to the router's LAN ports), just put the SSIDs 2, 3 and 4 into VLAN1 and set that to be in LAN2, clicking OK here will prompt to restart the router.

Once it's rebooted, in image 3, you need to tick Status to enable LAN2 and click OK to apply that, it might need to restart again.

Then you have a wireless guest network completely separate from your internal network :D

More
03 Jan 2012 23:56 #4 by baronne
Replied by baronne on topic Re: 2830n Wireless Guest Portal
Many thanks... I now have a Wireless Guest network, but I would, however, like to be able to ensure my devices that are connected to my secure wifi are not restricted in any way. I found that after turning on user-based rules I achieved what I would have expected by getting a logon prompt for username, however - my devices on the secure SSID were also prompted for username and password. Ideally I'd like (as The Offspring put it) - keep 'em separated!

More
21 Jan 2012 15:02 #5 by replabrobin
Replied by replabrobin on topic Re: 2830n Wireless Guest Portal
Thanks, that at least doesn't lock me out as my last attempt did (I checked the two VLANs). That page is not at all clear.

More
14 Mar 2012 14:31 #6 by pc.care.essex
Replied by pc.care.essex on topic Re: 2830n Wireless Guest Portal

replabrobin wrote: Thanks, that at least doesn't lock me out as my last attempt did (I checked the two VLANs). That page is not at all clear.

Hi, I am trying to achieve teh same thing ie a work and guest network. That wasn't to hard to set up but I cannot get the user logon to be a requirement for only the Guest network. Looks like you guys solved it but the info is not in teh post. Currently I can force all users to logon, or none, but I just want memebers of one of the VLANs to have to logon. Can you help?