• tobes
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Oct 2013 11:20 #1 by tobes
Hi,

I just bought two AP800's.

First one I configured, then noticed there was a later firmware (1.1.1), so updated it with that. That applied without problem, and it rebooted and continued working.

However, having done so I was then unable to ping it or access the configuration page. Tried the IP I configured and the default 192.168.1.2 just in case but nothing. Has the default IP changed or something in this firmware?

After much fiddling around thinking something else may have blocked it, I decided to do factory reset. That reset appeared to it, but I am still unable to ping it or access the config page - though I can see it working, as now I have the default 'DrayTek-LAN-A' and 'DrayTek-LAN-B' showing up, and I get a link light on the port it's connected to.

I have tried rebooting the thing several times, changing network ports - even resetting the switch and router it is plugged into and finally, as a last resort plugged it in via a cross-over cable directly into the back on my PC. Nothing!

As I bought two, I plugged in the other one as a sanity check and that is fine - can happily ping 192.168.1.2 and get to the config page on the other one. I dare not upgrade that firmware just yet!

Has anyone else experienced this..... why is a factory rest not doing the trick.... is there a 'hard reset', or has the firmware update indeed effectively bricked my AP800?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
13 Oct 2013 15:01 #2 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: AP800 bricked after firmware update?
make sure at the pc you dont have access to check the ip range at ipv4 network & sharing centre>lan >properties at the NIC card
Also some times it needs to be connected with a router to give you access

More
13 Oct 2013 16:57 #3 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: AP800 bricked after firmware update?
I can ping mine with the latest firmware. Load the config page remotely as well. Could be just bad look. I would plug a pc/laptop into it directly and see if you load the page up. You may have to flash back to the previous firmware reset it back to defaults and then try flashing again.

• tobes
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Oct 2013 17:10 #4 by tobes
Replied by tobes on topic Re: AP800 bricked after firmware update?
Thanks, but it's looking like this is going to have to go back.

I have two AP800's, and have tried locally to the PC - the other 'out of the box' one is fine, the hardware reset one is unreachable.

Lacking any console port and an IP address, I can't see how I could re-flash it back to the older version?

Is there anyway to find out what the IP would be - in case it's gone all weird and given itself a completely different one that the default after the hardware reset? Clutching at straws there though I think!

Thanks

More
16 Nov 2013 16:36 #5 by adambell1979
Replied by adambell1979 on topic Re: AP800 bricked after firmware update?
I have just had the same problem , i was lucky i had another one in the car pre update and it works ok.
if you find out let me know how you solved it please.

Adam

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
17 Nov 2013 01:33 #6 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: AP800 bricked after firmware update?
If will update via firmware update tool is it working? or via update tool & FTP mode?
check section "Abnormal Firmware Conditions"
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_reflash.html#reflash