DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Windows 7 Laptop cannot connect to 2860 + AP 910C

• mrblond
  • Topic Author
More
25 Sep 2015 14:59 #1 by mrblond
I have a the following:

1 x 2860 (beta firmware "3.8.1_RC8_STD" with the built in RADIUS server)
2 x AP 910C

I have set the 2860 to manage the 2 AP 910C
I have set a WLAN Profile using WPA2/802.1x for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz and pushed it out to the AP's
I have set the 2860 as the RADIUS server and configured both AP's for both Bands to look to the 2860
I have set up Users Profiles in User Management on the 2860 and set the RADIUS 802.1X Authentication Method for each user

The issue I have is I cannot connect Windows 8.1 machines or Windows 7 machines to the WiFi. I can connect the following fine:

1 x iPad (v1) - Connects easy just put in username / password and trust the certificate
1 x iPhone 5 - Connects easy just put in username / password trust the certificate
1 x Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 - Easy just put in username / password
1 x Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Easy just put in username / password
1 x LG G3 - Bit of a mare. Settings - PEAP, MSCHAPV2, CA Certificate (ignore), Identity: <name>, Anonymous identity: <name again>, Password: <your password>

They roam fine and I am happy with the speeds etc but any ideas about how to get the Windows devices authenticated?

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2015 07:14 #2 by admin
I'd imagine the 802.1x is the problem...can you set up another SASId without it just for a moment to check that the Windows
device can then connect ?

Forum Administrator

• mrblond
  • Topic Author
More
27 Sep 2015 10:18 #3 by mrblond
Thanks - Yep, I will give that a go and see what happens.

Yesterday evening the issue got worse with the majority of devices not connecting:

* User Profile showing password errors although I have redone the password on the device (iPhone 4s) and the router.
* Samsung tablet stopped connecting
* LG G3 phone stopped connecting
* iPhone 5 stopped connecting
* iPad stopped connecting

This morning they connected again but only after a few attempts and drop intermittently with a maximum connection time of 10 minutes.

I have turned off the load balancing and rebooted the router and 2 AP 910C's.

* Samsung tablet connects
* LG G3 will not connect. It states Authentication problem but does not show in the Authentication Information logs on the router.
* iPad connects

I will let you know about the new SSID profile.

More
28 Sep 2015 10:53 #4 by voodle
Does the 2860 have any certificate loaded on it or is it using the default one?

have you tried this setup? http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-clientwlan8021x

• mrblond
  • Topic Author
More
01 Oct 2015 11:05 #5 by mrblond
Thanks for the response. I can get the PC to connect via wireless now but only by using a different client (Mediatek). I followed the FAQ you referred to and it would not work.

Over the past few days all devices stopped connecting. The most reliable has been the Tab S2 but that still has an intermittent connectivity issue and it can take 5 minutes or more to reconnect even with the device only a few feet from the access point.

I am trying the suggestion of a separate profile without 802.1x today now I have exhausted the options with 802.1x.

I will update the forum tomorrow.

• mrblond
  • Topic Author
More
05 Oct 2015 12:41 #6 by mrblond
I added a new WAP profile on the router and pushed it out to the AP 910C devices last Thursday. The profile does not include the RADIUS server, its effectively just the WPA2/PSK profile.

I had no issue with any devices over the weekend. There were no dropouts and the speeds were good. It appears the issue is related to the RADIUS profile / beta firmware. Any suggestions?

Cheers