DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2862ac - losing connection with home alarm

• spater
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jun 2019 17:54 #1 by spater
Hi all, I installed my Vigor 2862ac last week and it is working smoothly, apart from connecting with my home alarm system. I have a Pyronix alarm panel that can only connect wirelessly to the Vigor over 2.4GHz, but for some reason the connection keeps dropping. The connection worked smoothly with my previous BT Smart Hub router. I'm hoping I just need to tweak a setting in the Vigor - any pointers appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2019 07:01 #2 by x64
Try a different (less congested?) channel?

Go to "Wireless LAN (2.4GHz)" -> "AP Doscovery" -> click "Scan".
Once the results are in, click the "Statistics" link and either decide upon the "recommended" channel or choose a channel WELL AWAY FROM the more congested channels (Wifi channels interfere with a few on either side of the apparently congested channel). Set your 2.4GHz wifi to use the chosen channel.

• spater
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jun 2019 07:28 #3 by spater
Hi, I did what you said but nothing came up in the scan. BTW I don't have any Access Points in the set-up - its just the alarm panel connecting directly to the main router. Under 2.4GHz General Settings the channel default is set to 6

More
04 Jun 2019 09:19 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 2862ac - losing connection with home alarm
You must live in an isolated area - I see at least half a dozen of my neighbours' SSIDs when doing a scan....

Maybe if the router is set to use 20/40 bandwidth try setting it to 20 only (in "Advanced Setting") - some devices are fussy about that.

More
04 Jun 2019 12:26 #5 by admin
Does the alarm also have a wired Ethernet connection it could use instead ?

Forum Administrator

• spater
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jun 2019 14:26 #6 by spater

Piste Basher wrote:
You must live in an isolated area - I see at least half a dozen of my neighbours' SSIDs when doing a scan....

Maybe if the router is set to use 20/40 bandwidth try setting it to 20 only (in "Advanced Setting") - some devices are fussy about that.

Yes, fairly isolated, albeit in a small housing estate. I will try the new bandwidth setting, thanks for the suggestion