DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Exchange dropouts using 2820 series

• supportlounge
  • Topic Author
More
10 Sep 2009 10:16 #1 by supportlounge
Exchange dropouts using 2820 series was created by supportlounge
I have a client who was experiencing Outlook freezing regularly on all PCs. In this case it was using hosted Exchange. They were using a 2820 in their office for load balancing. It seems that there is a dropout of connectivity to the server which Outlook wasn't expecting and it throws the application out of kilter.

Sometimes it will recover but at other times they end up rebooting their PCs. We've changed their switch, but this happened to PCs plugged directly into the router. We've also changed their ISP but this hasn't improved things.

It wasn't the load balancing at issue, we've bound machines to specific WANs to no avail.

When my client took the 2820 out of the equation, the problem ceased.

I believe they're running firmware v 3.3.1.2

I myself have a 2820vn and I too experience dropouts in connection to my local exchange server, but at least Outlook has the courtesy to recognise this and tell me that my connection has been lost or has been restored.

I'm running firmware v. 3.3.2.1

So it appears to me that there's something a little peculiar going on with the 2820 series, at least with regard to Exchange connectivity.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any comment from Draytek or SEG?

BTW, I hope that the loss of NAT loopback for external WAN addresses will be fixed very soon, it's a complete PITA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami