DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Allowing web access at scheduled times on 2820n

• gerryvee
  • Topic Author
More
18 May 2010 16:00 #1 by gerryvee
Hi,
I have a small network of computers (20 approx) and most users are allowed to surf the Internet at tea and lunchtime breaks. I can block all the sites with ease but would like to schedule these times to allow access. Is there documentation on this or can anyone help? I would also like to block internet connection completely to other pc'c but again am lost.

The router is a Vigor 2820n and it is the DHCP server.

Regards

Gerard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2010 13:44 #2 by robdraytek
Replied by robdraytek on topic Allowing web access at scheduled times on 2820n
I'm not sure how far you'll get with scheduling your requirements, but as far as blocking Internet access to certain PCs goes, take a look in LAN >> Bind IP to MAC.

That might be what you're looking for (i.e. using the Strict Bind option).

Rob

DrayTek Vigor2820Vn using Firmware 3.3.4.1_232201

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
01 Jul 2010 16:41 #3 by asimm.it
Hi Gerryvee,

First you need to create yourself some schedules for the times you want to restrict/enable access. This can be found under Applications > Schedule

Now if you go the Firewall > Filter and choose the filter set you have created that blocks the access then choose the filter rule you will see the 'blue' schedule link, click on it and you can apply the rule acording to the schedules you just created.

You could block the other PC/PC's the way rob suggested or you could just accomodate this in your filter set by creating a 2nd rule which blocks the access and then within the rule choose the source ip as an individual or range of ip addresses to block and create a new schedule which blocks continuosly.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction!