DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

The new Forum Software

More
24 Feb 2011 19:26 #1 by admin
The new Forum Software was created by admin
As you can see, we have upgraded the board software today.

The main reason for this was that it was bsed on a very old version which had been tweaked and modified over the years, sometimes in a less than elegant way mostly to reduce spambots. It was working quite well but as the old version of the software was not being updated/supported any longer, we'd intended to upgrade for some time. You should find it all functionally identical but please let us know if anything isn't working.

Thanks,

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2011 12:28 #2 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Re: The new Forum Software
Having used the new forum board for a few days I would like to make thefollowing observation.
The colours of the topic icons are a bit too pastel, its difficult to tell at a quick glance when someone has responded to a post and you havent viewed it yet. Perhaps they could be changed more towards a a pure primary colour?

Howard

• spence
  • User
  • User
More
01 Mar 2011 18:11 #3 by spence
Replied by spence on topic Re: The new Forum Software
+1 for a better (bolder) colour for the unread topic and forum icons please.

Roger

More
04 Mar 2011 09:43 #4 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: The new Forum Software
Thanks for the comments; could you be more specific about which icons just so we're clear; if you want to send a screen dump with markings to info @ draytek.co.uk and ask it to be forwarded to the board admins, we can check it.

Forum Administrator

• spence
  • User
  • User
More
04 Mar 2011 13:04 #5 by spence
Replied by spence on topic Re: The new Forum Software
It's the circular icon to the left of each forum/post which shows which forums/posts are unread. The grey lines inside the circle change to red when there are unread posts for viewing. The difference between the red and the grey is not bold enough to see at a quick glance which forums/posts are unread.

With the old colour scheme I could see from about 6 foot away which forums had unread posts. I now have to look carefully from 1 foot away.

Suggestion - would it be possible to change the colour of the background inside the circle rather than the lines? I think the problem is trying to tell a change in colour of a series of lines which are only maybe 2 pixels high.

Roger

More
04 Mar 2011 19:14 #6 by njh
Replied by njh on topic Re: The new Forum Software
Strongly agreed!

2900Gi/v2.5.6; 2900/v2.5.6