DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2x Xbox 360's with Draytek 2710n

More
08 Nov 2011 18:55 #1 by x3ro
2x Xbox 360's with Draytek 2710n was created by x3ro
Hi there,

I have just gotten myself a Dreytek 2710n and the wifi and wired connections are working great, However when I try and play online with two xbox's we both have moderate NAT types. Port forwarding doesn't seem to help as it won't work with any more than one xbox. I've tried disabling all port forwarding and putting uPnP on but this doesn't solve anything.

Could anyone please be of assistance? I would much rather sort the issue with this router rather than go back to the ISP's own router!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2011 15:03 #2 by biffa72
Replied by biffa72 on topic Re: 2x Xbox 360's with Draytek 2710n
Hello All,

I'm looking at buying one of these routers and need to know if I can connect more than one Xbox to the router.

We currently have 3 xboxes in our household and I have had issues with netgear routers connecting more than one console, basically one will work fine but the others will report a Strict NAT.

If DrayTek support can answer this question successfully, I'm buying one!!

Thanks in advance

More
15 Nov 2011 23:35 #3 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2x Xbox 360's with Draytek 2710n
in my experience, with Draytek routers you need multiple public IPs to have multiple Xboxes working properly with NAT - the 2710n only supports one public IP though so that's not gonna work, a 2830 could do it if you had a range of IPs tho.

More
24 Nov 2012 19:56 #4 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Re: 2x Xbox 360's with Draytek 2710n
Could a Dmz not be used for the devices to bypass nat completely?

Moderators: Sami