Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor120 not issuing DHCP IP addresses

• imakers
  • Topic Author
More
19 Aug 2012 15:32 #1 by imakers
Hi,

First time post - please be patient!

I have a Vigor120 hooked up to an Airport Extreme. The Vigor120 acts as the modem/PPPoA->PPPoE bridge, with the Airport Extreme working as the router.

All has been working brilliantly well since I installed it at Christmas (8 months ago). Last week however, all stopped working.

The 'Internet' light on the Vigor120 no longer lights up, and the Airport Extreme started reporting 'no PPPoE server' errors (or words similar to that). (All other Vigor120 lights perform as expected!)

I've done a mass amount of searching and tried various reboot/reset combinations, but have had no joy. I've confirmed my ADSL connection and ISP account are fine by using a spare Netgear router with my Airport Extreme.

I think I've pinpointed the issue though... I noticed the Airport Extreme was reporting that its IP address was 0.0.0.1 - which suggested it wasn't getting an IP from the Vigor120. So I decided to connect the modem direct to my laptop... and found that it wasn't getting an IP either (well - actually that's a lie, it was getting a 169 address which I believe are given when DHCP isn't working?). I tried resetting the modem (and Airport Exteme), I tried turning the DHCP server off, and then back on again (via the vigor120 web management console - 192.168.2.1).

So to my questions -
1) Has anyone else found a Vigor120 has stopped serving DHCP addresses and
2) If so, how did you fix it!?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2012 20:50 #2 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: Vigor120 not issuing DHCP IP addresses
Things can sometimes go wrong due to changes at your local exchange.

Please could you reply with the firmware version you have on the Vigor 120 ? And if you know if you have a Version 1 or Version 2 of the Vigor 120 also that may help.

I think it could be something as simple as updating the firmware to cure.

If you like it would also be helpful to know your line provier and ISP, if you don't mind providing these.

Thanks and best regards, Neal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami