DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2850vn Firmware 3.6.3_247120 - Internet Lost

More
10 Apr 2013 18:16 #1 by tinz
I have very recently acquired a 2850vn Router which is connected to a VDSL line on WAN1. It's a very simple setup, I am using the Content Filter and one White List to allow traffic to a site that would normally be blocked.

I am noticing occasionally that the Router reports that a connection is fine, but no client is able to access the Internet, they are only able to connect to the router (using Wireless). The only remedy is to reboot the Router.

Does anyone have some advice on where I should start looking for a potential root cause, or is this a known issue with Firmware 3.6.3_247120?

Many thanks,

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
12 Apr 2013 01:17 #2 by babis3g
HI
Go into the UI at Firewall >> DoS defense Setup and un-check UPD flood defence and report back, thanks

More
12 Apr 2013 07:21 #3 by tinz
Thanks babis3g. I have un-checked that setting.

I have also started using the latest beta firmware to see if that makes any difference. I'll post findings in a few days :)

More
18 Apr 2013 22:52 #4 by tinz
Update: I have totally disabled all DOS Defence settings and this has cleared up most of my issues.

However, I don't seem to understand how to set up a white list URL. I have managed to unblock some sites that would normally be blocked by the CSM, by adding a white list, but I can't find the right settings to unblock a single URL using the URL Content Filter, which is alleged to have priority. Any ideas?

Finally, I have found this router to be very hard to understand!! Am I alone ... i.e. am I getting old lol! :)