WAN fallover which Hardware

• clarke727
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Nov 2013 19:34 #1 by clarke727
WAN fallover which Hardware was created by clarke727
Hi I want to provide a solution where The Primary WAN is located on Ethernet ( source is a Satalite Internet conection ) . I want the Back up or secondry WASN to be an ADSL coection . This is because the speed is 25 Mbit on the Satalite and 2.5 Mbit unreiable on the ADSL . In an Ideal world I would like Load balncing as well provided I dont loose the primary ( ethernet) WAN. My Question is which Hardware is best suited and reasonable to set up > I have looked at the 2830N but it looks as if the Primary WAN is forced to DSL I have also looked at the 2920 / 2930 series where a separate ADSL modem would be required ( which is fine ) but I am not clear which is the most future proof and compliant with my requirmenst as the 2920 vs 2930 debate seems to be unclear as to which is best . Please advise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sicon
  • User
  • User
More
26 Nov 2013 12:17 #2 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: WAN fallover which Hardware
Hi
I think the 2930 is EOL
You can consider the 2860 and you set the WAN Load balance to "according to line speed" the 2830 does this as well so WAN1 doesn't have to the primary.
You can also create load balance polices to forces specific traffic down a WAN and then if that fails it falls to the other interface.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.