DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2710n & Google Chrome Browsing Problems

• dublin01
  • Topic Author
More
06 May 2014 11:09 #1 by dublin01
2710n & Google Chrome Browsing Problems was created by dublin01
I have had my 2710n for a couple of yers now and it has worked perfectly. Recently I have started having problems with using Google Chrome on an Win7 PC. I keep getting "network Changed" messages and the like and Chromes stops working. I've used Fireox and IE and these seem to be OK but I think there may be the occasional drops/hangs. Other PCs in the house are also experiencing issues and even my ipad now seems to lose its wifi connection now and again.

In frustration I replaced the 2710n with my ISPs box and the connection has now been stable for a couple of hours!

From googling the issue I think there may be related to DNS settings or possible IPv6 sites but either way it seems the common point of failure is the 2710n. Has anyone else have experiences of this or have any ideas of what I can try. My firmware is all up to date. I've tried rebooting the 2710n but this makes no difference. I only use the router for internet access, there is no VOIP and i only have few few time based rules to encourage the kids to go to bed!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
06 May 2014 11:45 #2 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2710n & Google Chrome Browsing Problems
Hi if is related to dns then try at Lan>General set up> Lan1 > details page and add there manually the preferred dns servers, on exit click force dns at Lan 1 (lan>general set up)

For the windows 7 try at network & sharing centre to set at the pc obtain ip automatically and also the dns servers
Try clear the chrome cache & history

Also updating firmwares needs the use of rst file for avoiding conflicts (from the previous firmware passing to the new) and then set everything manually from the scratch

• dublin01
  • Topic Author
More
06 May 2014 14:09 #3 by dublin01
Replied by dublin01 on topic Re: 2710n & Google Chrome Browsing Problems
Thanks, I'll give these a go. My ISP router has been running for nearly 6 hours now with no issue, so it definately looks like a Draytek problem. I'll swap teh routers out now and let you know how i get on.