Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Force FW downgrade

• jimtambling
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jun 2014 14:41 #1 by jimtambling
Force FW downgrade was created by jimtambling
Hi,

I need to force a fw downgrade on 5x 2830's. They are currently running 3.6.62 and I need them to run 3.6.3 so I can import the VPN Certs. For whatever reason Draytek have decided to not make it possible to import certs from different fw's (?!?!). I have tried with the firmware upgrade utility but even when it says it's completed and the router reboots it still has 3.6.6.2 instead of 3.6.3. I have tried both the all and rst files. Any ideas how to get around this?

Thanks, Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
10 Jun 2014 20:04 #2 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Force FW downgrade
I have tried when that time was new the mentioned firmwares (most of times i use just the utility tool) and had not any issue updating via utility tool my 2850
I was using windows 7 if helps and the 3.6.5 firmware utility tool

Try first to reset the unit (backup the files) then try again with windows if you can
Also did you make sure the ip range of the pc is the same as the 2850?
Is it via wireless or wifi? ... wireless will not work ... also with windows 7 if the update is correct is giving the message "router is active now" and not completed

• jimtambling
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jun 2014 09:09 #3 by jimtambling
Replied by jimtambling on topic Re: Force FW downgrade
Hi,

I am using Windows. I can upgrade the routers to 3.6.7 from 3.6.6.2 and vice-versa. It's fw 3.6.3 (the one I need) that I can't flash. The Firmware Utility Tool sends the file to the router and it goes through the motions, it just does not actually flash the unit.

Regards, Jim

• babis3g
  • User
  • User
More
11 Jun 2014 09:41 #4 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Force FW downgrade
Maybe the file is corrupted you can try download the file again from an other source or give a go with an other tftp toll such tftpd32 or tftpd64 or try direct via the WUI under system management > firmware update