DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 UK Firmware - Confused

• groodles
  • Topic Author
More
04 Mar 2015 13:37 #1 by groodles
Vigor 130 UK Firmware - Confused was created by groodles
I recently purchased a Vigor 130 VDSL modem (UK version). It came with Firmware 3.7.1 installed.

I bought it to replace the featureless BT HH5 that was supplied with BT Infinity so I could couple it with my existing pfSense box.

So, looking on the Draytek UK firmware site, there a link to Firmware version 3.7.8 for the Vigor 130: http://www.draytek.co.uk/download/support/v130_378_UK.zip

This zip file contains three files:

• readme_v130.txt

• v130_378_modem_4.all

• v130_378_modem_4.rst

Unfortunately the readme doesn't explain the difference between the .all and the .rst firmware files. Have I missed something really obvious? Can someone else tell me which I should use?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• groodles
  • Topic Author
More
04 Mar 2015 13:52 #2 by groodles
Replied by groodles on topic Re: Vigor 130 UK Firmware - Confused
After registering for the Knowledge Base, I found the answer.

Code:
What is the difference between firmware 'RST' and 'ALL' files? The firmware with the .all suffix is the normal firmware file for upgrading. The file with the .rst suffix is exactly the same firmware but with factory default settings for the router too. Installing the RST file will both upgrade/reflash the firmware and reset the router back to its factory default settings. See the text file in the firmware zip for more information.

More
07 Mar 2015 13:35 #3 by destroyer
Replied by destroyer on topic Re: Vigor 130 UK Firmware - Confused
If you can afford the extra downtime/time/effort always go for the RST and reconfig from scratch.

Moderators: Sami