DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 GUI Access not available through router

• pc pilot
  • Topic Author
More
24 Aug 2017 01:03 #1 by pc pilot
Hi all,

Hope that someone can assist with the settings to enable GUI access to the Vigor 130 when connected to a router (192.168.1.1).

Recently upgraded to UK FTTC VDSL Fibre Broadband with UK ISP PlusNet. I do not use PlusNet supplied hardware preferring my own equipment for better stability/flexibility and reliability. In the pre upgrade setup I used a Linksys XAC1900 (basically an EA6900 with separate (ADSL 2+ ONLY) power brick modem accessed through bespoke integrated router firmware which includes the option to switch off the modem).

Accordingly, to access the VDSL service I purchased a Vigor 130 and pre-configured (via directly connected Ethernet cable) it to VDSL Mode settings ready for the switch over. Similarly, the XAC1900 (which already holds the necessary ISP connection settings plus a full configuration of Dual Band ac WiFi and Port Forwarding settings) was configured to disable the Power Modem.

On switch over to VDSL the Vigor 130 was connected to the XAC1900's Internet (WAN) port and full access to the VDSL service was immediately available :D

Now for the 'icing on my cake'! ......to be able to access the Vigor 130's GUI whilst connected to the Linksys router. I understand that to achieve this extra step it is necessary to configure the router to see the Vigor 130 with a static IP Address. I would welcome some advice on which settings have to be changed/configured on both devices to achieve this and so eliminate the need to connect the Vigor directly to the PC to access the GUI and view stats/make any changes etc.

Thanks & best regards,

PC Pilot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pc pilot
  • Topic Author
More
08 Sep 2017 14:50 #2 by pc pilot
Hi again everyone,

I am a little surprised not to have received ANY response to my above issue and perhaps can only conclude that I posted the information in the wrong forum??

I have since resolved the situation at minimal cost/effort using an 'unmanaged' 5 Port Switch and a few setting adjustments to the Vigor 130. I opted for a Linksys SE2500 5 Port Switch (under £10 on eBay!) which together with extra Ethernet patch cables was my only additional outlay.

For the benefit of other users I have provided the revised setup procedure which requires the following additional settings being made to the Vigor 130 so as to move onto the same subnet as the XAC1900 and also to enable the desired access:

1. Draytek Vigor 130 DHCP Server setting (LAN Access>>>General Setup) - Set the DHCP Server from Enable Server to Disable Server
2. Draytek Vigor 130 LAN (Static) IP setting (LAN Access>>>General Setup) Ethernet TCP/IP and DHCP Setup - LAN IP Network Configuration - For NAT Usage
Set the 1st IP Address to 192.168.1.50 **Note this for future reference as 192.168.1.50 will NOW be required to access the Vigor NOT 192.168.2.1**
3. Draytek Vigor 130 Device Management setting (System Maintenance>>>Management) - IPV4 Management Setup - Check Device Management
4. Draytek Vigor 130 Broadcast DSL Status setting (System Maintenance>>>Management) - IPV4 Management Setup - Check Broadcast DSL status to router in LAN

I suggest that you go to System Maintenance>>>Configuration>>>Backup (Configuration Backup/Restoration) and save the configuration of the Vigor 130 (both before and after making the changes) so as to revert to it's "out of the box" configuration (if necessary) or, post configuration, to provide for future use in the event that a full (factory settings) reset is ever required.

The Hardware setup:

1. Connect the Vigor 130 LAN Port by Ethernet Patch Cable to the SE2500 switch.
2. Next connect the Internet (WAN) Port of the XAC1900 by Ethernet Patch Cable to the SE2500 switch.
3. Now connect a vacant LAN Port on the XAC1900 by Ethernet Patch Cable to the SE2500 switch.
4. Finally connect the other LAN Port(s) to your PC (and wider network).

NB. It is not recommended to utilise the vacant ports on the SE2500 for wider networking as this might cause routing problems.

Reboot the PC, the XAC1900 and the Vigor 130 and verify that you can:

1. Access the Internet
2. Log into the Linksys XAC1900 (192.168.1.1)
3. Log into the Draytek Vigor 130 (192.168.1.50)

I hope that this is of some assistance to other Vigor 130 users with issue in accessing the GUI from behind their router.

PC Pilot

• pc pilot
  • Topic Author
More
08 Sep 2017 14:53 #3 by pc pilot
Sorry I forgot to add:

To access the VDSL Line information log into the Draytek Vigor 130 and from the "Web Console" Button (middle one of the 5 buttons located toward the top of the screen in the Red Band marked Vigor 130) alternately, type "http://192.168.1.50/doc/console.htm" into your browser. A small browser window will now open, and at the ">" prompt type: VDSL Status NB. Further information can be obtained by typing, VDSL Show.

You might find this additional data useful.

PC Pilot

More
14 Sep 2017 08:27 #4 by admin
thank you for sharing.

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami