DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2925N. I Can't connect to it via Ethernet or WiFi

• stevegrafx
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jan 2018 22:52 #1 by stevegrafx
Hi.

The 2925n has been working fine for nearly 2 years but today no one could get access to the Internet. The PC's can access the server and printers etc on the LAN connecting through an Ethernet switch. The switch is uplinked to a LAN port on the Draytek. After some troubleshooting I found that the Ethernet ports on the Draytek didn't function properly, the lights are on showing connectivity and activity but any device connected to the ports get nowhere including the Draytek's config pages.

WiFi access was still possible initially but now I can't do that either, the WiFi network is visible and I connect to it but no traffic to the Ethernet or the config pages.

There is a lot of config on the router including site to site VPN and client VPN's so I'd like to at least be able to look at it and make notes before resetting it. The site to site VPN light is on on the front which would suggest it is connecting to the remote router. I have no access currently to the remote router to confirm.

I can't ping or telnet to it, DHCP was off as the server dealt with that.

Stuck.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2018 17:59 #2 by piste basher
Sorry it's of no help to you but my 2925 started doing that. All lights were on as normal but there was no LAN connectivity. Only switching it off and back on resolved the issue, but it would happen again. So I changed to a 2862. That appears to have a different issue - after an hour or so on a Skype call it will just shutdown and re-boot itself. It also reboots on odd occasions when traffic is at a minimum, e.g. during the night, for no apparent reason.

I was considering buying another for high availability using a 4G modem as backup but that seems pointless when it's not the WAN connection that goes down - it's the LAN.

Draytek seem to be losing the plot, but what realistic alternatives are there?

(PS this thread is in the wrong section really, perhaps admin can move it?)

More
15 Jan 2018 10:36 #3 by admin3

Piste Basher wrote: Sorry it's of no help to you but my 2925 started doing that. All lights were on as normal but there was no LAN connectivity. Only switching it off and back on resolved the issue, but it would happen again. So I changed to a 2862. That appears to have a different issue - after an hour or so on a Skype call it will just shutdown and re-boot itself. It also reboots on odd occasions when traffic is at a minimum, e.g. during the night, for no apparent reason.

I was considering buying another for high availability using a 4G modem as backup but that seems pointless when it's not the WAN connection that goes down - it's the LAN.

Draytek seem to be losing the plot, but what realistic alternatives are there?

(PS this thread is in the wrong section really, perhaps admin can move it?)

It's not expected and quite unfortunate that you would be seeing these kind of issues - though the 1 hour Skype call is not something that I expect would be tested under normal circumstances.
Can you report these problems to the support team? The router stores debug information when it restarts because of an error and those can be used after the fact to determine the causes of restart issues.

In regards to the Vigor 2925 that the OP can not connect to, try disconnecting all devices from the WAN/LAN/WiFi and connect a single PC to it to check whether it can be accessed, a network loop or other network issues could potentially cause what you're describing.

Forum Administrator

• stevegrafx
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jan 2018 12:52 #4 by stevegrafx
Thanks for the responses. I had to reset it in the end as I was out of time. I have reconfigured and all is well for the moment.

Moderators: Sami