DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Zen Internet Backhaul?

• dazza1234
  • Topic Author
More
06 Mar 2018 21:32 #1 by dazza1234
Zen Internet Backhaul? was created by dazza1234
Hi does anyone know who Zen use as there backhaul in the Bucks area? As I’m getting major contention issues in the evening from 50Mbps odd to the lowest of 2Mbps, well I say that’s the lowest but the lowest will be where it didn’t even manage to run the speedtest. Zen won’t tell me who it’s with :@ so I can try and avoid them next time, I’ve had issues since joining Zen first month I saw speed issues and they where like no mate that’s your end.
So after checking my computers thinking there is a virus or something doing a major dump at night I found them to be the issue, it was so bad it caused my whole connection to drop DLM and interleaved depth of 769 kicked in. They are now talking about moving me to a different circuit has anyone been through the same thing and had a circuit move fix it? Just can’t see what difference that is going to make at the mo as they didn’t even know there was contention issues to begin with or didn’t want to say until I kicked up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2018 08:54 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Zen Internet Backhaul?
Is it BT based fttc or are you on GEA fttc? You should know which package you are on.

Which exchange are you on checking that will tell us what service is available?

If they are willing to move circuit I would go with that and see what happens. Zen are notorious for denying problems and blaming customers , you need to dig your heels in.
They have a dedicated user forum at Thinkbroadband and there is a very helpful manager from Zen posting there, he may be a useful contact.

• dazza1234
  • Topic Author
More
08 Mar 2018 08:42 #3 by dazza1234
Replied by dazza1234 on topic Re: Zen Internet Backhaul?
Hi Yeah it is BT Fttc, But the thing is i didn't have any issues with BT when they where providing the internet. I have now been switched over despite not having any internet since the early hours of the morning because they mucked up so my user name and password didn't work on the new service. They where very optimistic that this is going to work without any contention issues, not sure why i was put on the other part of there system if they know there i contention issues. Yes you are a 100% they wanted me disconnecting everything doing speed tests. So i got feed up and just done a Youtube video with only the router being used and sent them the link. Hence why i've probably been moved fairly quick, but there sync speed is not too far off of my hand back speed at the mo so we will see what happens in the coming days. Thanks for your help

Moderators: Sami