DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek vigor 2860 & 2830n

More
30 Dec 2018 08:52 #1 by shape
Draytek vigor 2860 & 2830n was created by shape
Hi all,
i am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
I have tried following guides i found on google and then ended up here, i have searched through the forum, but what ever links to guides i do find are dead.
What i have done is try to set up my older Vigor 2830n as a wireless extender to my 2860.
I made sure that the SSID both matched, and they were both on the same Channel.
I entered the mac address of the 2830n into the 2860 under the WDS section.
I set up the 2830n as a repeater following a guide i found, however it does not work as a wifi extender.
Now i can't access the 2830n web interface as i had to turn off DHCP.
I tried under CMD "arp - d" to try and clear the laptop ip numbers, but that doesn't work.
Link to guide i tried https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjRifKalsffAhVYVRUIHcsKBGwQFjAAegQIBxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.draytek.com%2Fen%2Ffaq%2Ffaq-wlan%2Fwlan.wireless-lan%2Fhow-to-use-vigor-router-as-a-wireless-repeater%2F&usg=AOvVaw0NhDVg5HkuNbpSqYp6xm8-

Is it possible to do what i am trying to do without running a 30 meter Ethernet cable by repeating the wifi signal?
Any advice would be gratefully received, thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2019 17:52 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Draytek vigor 2860 & 2830n

Forum / Board Discussion & Help
For discussion of any forum/board usage problems or suggestions for new areas etc.

Bud, you need to place your help request in the correct forum ie: Setup or General Usage, not may people will look here , this section is supposed to be used for help using the forum software.

More
04 Jan 2019 23:17 #3 by shape
Replied by shape on topic Re: Draytek vigor 2860 & 2830n
Thank you for taking the time to reply, and the advice. Much appreciated cheers.

Moderators: Sami