Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Network with Draytek units

• icmc
  • Topic Author
More
16 Aug 2020 13:21 #1 by icmc
Network with Draytek units was created by icmc
Hi all

Hope someone here can give me some advice.
I am trying to build a network between two houses made up out of Draytek units.
What I am looking to do is to use a 2926ac in the Guest Building (lets call it that) and also have an AP910C connected to it via LAN cable via a PoE switch. Also connected to that PoE switch would be an AP918 or 920 RDP unit. The RDP unit not connects to another RDP unit on the main house. This consists of (I hope) a 2927 ax, AP1000c and a P1092 Switch.
1st question: The RDP units should be able to transmit the data from one house to the other (distance is 15m) without any problems?
2nd question: How does this all need to be set up in such a way that I have:
a) In the main house the 2927 set up with strict bind MAC address and sort of has its own network
b) The data coming from the 2926 via the RDP has a SSID called guest and it doesn't interfere with the strict bind of House one
c) The guest building has access to the internet but is absolutely unable to get into the main building network. The main internet connection to the WWW is the 2927 connected to FTTP. All date goes via this router.
I have never used DMZ nor VLAN and just not sure how to set this up to make it very safe for main building but guest building has access to the internet

Anyone's help is highly appreciated
Thx
Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami