DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Network Dropping issues

More
30 Mar 2021 11:53 #1 by 5tu
Network Dropping issues was created by 5tu
Hi all, this is my first post on this forum and as usual it is becuase I have a problem.

My network consist of a 2860ac and an AP902, the AP902 is hardwired, the cabke has a run of about 30 meters between devices, both ends of the cable are via wall sockets.
The AP902 is mounted behind my Television providing a network connection to the TV and extended wifi at that end of the house.

Now the problem is that occaisionally the signal will drop out, not just Wifi by wired connection aswell.
  • Scenario 1, both 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz will randomly drop, not often but usually when SWMBO is connected, the 5Ghz more so than the 2.4Ghz -When monitoring the bands on a mobile app I can see the signal suddenly go from -40 dBm to over -100 dBm, and its not just the AP902, the 2860ac suffers at the same time, but not always.
(using WifiAnalyzer, by vrem)
  • Scenario 2, sometimes if I turn my TV on, or while watching it, and error message appears stating that there is no network connection!, then it fixes it self without me doing anything.

Now my question is, is this normal and if not how could I automatically monitor this over a week or so to try and work out whats going on?
Both devices are running the most up to date firmwares.
Any suggestions welcome, thanks

Very much a novice, And easliy confused

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• piste basher
  • Away
More
31 Mar 2021 09:51 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Network Dropping issues
Firstly, I suggest that you post this type of query in the technical query threads, not in the "Problem with forum" thread. More likely to be seen that way :)

Does your TV say "No network connection" or does it say "No internet connection" ? My wired Sony TV sometimes says that - usually because my 2927ac has temporarily dropped PPPoE for reasons known only to itself - I can see that in the connection "Uptime" status - although the 130 through which it connects remains connected to my ISP throughout. It's not a reboot (another common Draytek "issue") either, because the router uptime is not affected.

More
31 Mar 2021 10:54 #3 by 5tu
Replied by 5tu on topic Re: Network Dropping issues
Thank you Piste Basher
Post now moved to here

https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24146

as suggested

Very much a novice, And easliy confused