• markvk42
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 Jul 2021 13:21 #1 by markvk42
2862 and Nord VPN Config issues. was created by markvk42
Hi All.

Has anyone successfully managed to configure a 2862 with Nord VPN?

Ive followed all of the guides and managed to get the router to connect to nords servers but there no data being passed trough it. Draytek have been brilliant, theve remoted in and checked my settings and they say that they are all ok but still not data passes through the connection, it all goes through my normal ISP.

i cant figure out how to include screen grabs or logs, ill figure it out and post them shortly

i would appreciate any help from anyone able to do so, So far Nord are giving me the newbie runaround and asking me to try stuff id already done before contacting them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2021 12:09 #2 by pharcyder
Replied by pharcyder on topic Re: 2862 and Nord VPN Config issues.
Do you have multiple VPNs setup per chance?

• markvk42
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Jul 2021 09:36 #3 by markvk42
Replied by markvk42 on topic Re: 2862 and Nord VPN Config issues.
hI.

Firstly THANKYOU for replying. Ive been banging my head against a brick wall with this. Draytek have been as helpful as they can theve remoted in and checked the config and say its ok. Nord are trying but i dont think they even grasp the issue..

No there arnt multiple VPNs im just trying to set nord up.

More
20 Jul 2021 09:53 #4 by pharcyder
OK. I use Nord with my 2865 and followed the instructions in the link below and can confirm it does indeed work as advertised:
https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-vpnservice-nordvpn

Some stuff to try:

• Can you install the Nord App on another device just to confirm it actually works OK with your account?

• Back to your 2862 with the Tunnel up, have you tried creating a Route policy to force all traffic down the Nord Tunnel?

• If you make the Nord Tunnel the Default Route, does that make a difference?

• In the tunnel settings at the bottom have you set the Local Network IP to the IP of your 2862 and the Remote Network to be 0.0.0.0 with a Mask of 0.0.0.0/0?

• markvk42
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jul 2021 11:52 #5 by markvk42
Replied by markvk42 on topic Re: 2862 and Nord VPN Config issues.
Hi Once again THANKYOU!

Can you install the Nord App on another device just to confirm it actually works OK with your account?
The nord app works fine on all individual devices.
Back to your 2862 with the Tunnel up, have you tried creating a Route policy to force all traffic down the Nord Tunnel?
i have no routing set up but will try it, The Draytek engineer remoted in and said it shouldn't be necessary
If you make the Nord Tunnel the Default Route, does that make a difference?
Havnt tried it but i will do so. again been following Drayteks advice.
In the tunnel settings at the bottom have you set the Local Network IP to the IP of your 2862 and the Remote Network to be 0.0.0.0 with a Mask of 0.0.0.0/0?
settings are:
my wan ip:0.0.0.0
remote gateway ip 0.0.0.0
remote network ip 0.0.0.0
remote network mask 0.0.0.0/00
local network ip 192.168/1/1
local network mask 255.255.255.0/24

More
21 Jul 2021 12:30 #6 by pharcyder
You're going to need to either set a Route Policy of what should go down the Tunnel or change the Default route to the tunnel. Without one or the other, all your internet traffic will go out your default WAN interface instead.