DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Re: Announcements - Forum migration and username change to expose email address!

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jul 2024 11:36 #1 by HodgesanDY
Hi all,

Am I reading the below announcement correctly, that DrayTek are about to expose all our email addresses to the community!? Surely this is a "no-no" move?

From @admin2:

Important Announcement: Forum Migration on July 16th

"We are excited to inform you that on July 16th, this forum will be integrated into the main DrayTek UK website. All your existing posts will be seamlessly migrated.

Login Information:

• Username: Your username for the new platform will be the email address you registered with on this forum.
• Existing Accounts: If you already have an account at draytek.co.uk with the same email address, your forum posts will be linked to your existing account. You can log in using your current DrayTek UK credentials.
• New Accounts: If you do not have an account at draytek.co.uk, you will need to reset your password. Please visit https://www.draytek.co.uk/login?view=reset to receive an email with instructions to set a new password once the migration is completed.

Thank you for your continued support and participation. We look forward to providing you with an enhanced user experience on our main website."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2024 09:12 #2 by pharcyder
I'm hoping that just means the login username is your email and not the displayed username once logged in.

I'm hoping there will be some direct engagement from Draytek on this forum too rather than radio silence.

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jul 2024 00:15 #3 by HodgesanDY
Almost, as suspected!

Our first names are now used in place of our original forum display-names. There doesn't appear to be an option within your profile page to change your display-name either! Very annoying...

Also, this version of the forum is not mobile-format friendly, so reading the forum from your mobile (iPhone only tested) is messy!

More
17 Jul 2024 09:04 #4 by piste basher
Yes - I tried several times to "log in as before" with my previous username, before reluctantly resorting to my email address. So much for a seamless transition....

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jul 2024 09:34 - 17 Jul 2024 09:47 #5 by HodgesanDY
Exactly, and now I don't know who anyone is!

Come on DrayTek, what's going on? It can't be better to move away from a working forum and not consider the affects on the user, especally a user-generated-content site!

Why are there no instructions on updating your profile?
Why have you not tested the affects on a user's display-name post migration?
Why have you not tested the forum's format layout on different devices?

At least let us all know that this will be addressed at some point soon; what am I saying, like that ever happens with FW bug fixes...

To add to this, see below in bold (can anyone find where you actually update your profile, as clicking on your name does almost nothing) a quote from the 'Forum Rules page':

The identity and name you use must not imply that you are someone else, or acting the the capacity of another person or company unless you actually are, or infringe upon any trademark. IP source addresses of messages and accounts are logged and you must not give false information in your registration. Should your personal details change, please update your profile. The use of disposable/expiring email addresses is not permitted on accounts. If the moderators consider that your chosen username is unsuitable, potentially misleading or offensive, you may be asked to change it. If you have any conflict of interest (with the successful deployment, sale and use of DrayTek products or the users' success and efficient enjoyment), this should be stated and your participation may be disallowed.

Last edit: 17 Jul 2024 09:47 by HodgesanDY.

More
17 Jul 2024 10:24 #6 by Admin
Good morning All, thank you for raising these issues with us.

Your forum display names should be fixed within the hour, then focus will shift to mobile rendering, we apologise for this, it was tested in pre-production but obviously something has gone a bit wrong.

Thank you for your patience, please do continue to report any other issues you run in to.