DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Re: Announcements - Forum migration and username change to expose email address!

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jul 2024 11:42 - 17 Jul 2024 18:23 #7 by HodgesanDY
Amazing, a reply!! Thank you so much, everyone loves a reply!

I am, now, a very happy user, you've made my day!

Thanks
Last edit: 17 Jul 2024 18:23 by HodgesanDY.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2024 14:23 - 17 Jul 2024 17:21 #8 by Chris
You're most welcome!

The mobile template has had some work, hopefully it will be a lot more useable now, but if you come across further annoyances with it please let us know.

Next up is fixing profile editing, again please accept our apologies for this going astray, should you need to make any edits in the interim, please email info@draytek.co.uk and they'll get actioned.

Update:

You should now be able to view and edit your profile using the menu items between "My Topics" and "Search".

Chris
DrayTek forum moderator
Last edit: 17 Jul 2024 17:21 by Chris. Reason: Updates to add!

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jul 2024 20:24 - 17 Jul 2024 20:25 #9 by HodgesanDY
Hi,

Another little issue worth noting. Text/characters that are placed closely together, are being displayed as a ‘?’.  I imagine this is an auto-format conversion on the text into an emoji character, but the emoji isn’t displayed, well not on an iPhone browser anyway.

This surely isn’t useful for this forum, as many combinations of characters will be placed together during technical explanations etc, and having an emoji appear in the middle will get really confusing.

See the post “Configuring LAN ports”
(post #2):

Quote:
“…A subnet being 192.168.x.1 (x=1-8)…”

The ‘8)’ is being converted into an emoji. On a normal desktop browser the ‘?’ doesn’t appear and all looks as it should be, but on an iPhone it is not displayed correctly.

Also, there is no ‘Save’ option for your drafted messages, which was really useful on the old forum. It meant you could continue a post you hadn’t been able to finish explaining in one sitting. That ‘Save/Load’ feature seems to have gone. In both the ‘Quick Reply’ & normal ‘Reply’ editor, you can’t ‘Save/Load’.

On a normal desktop browser you have the option to open “Go to editor…” from a ‘Quick Reply’ window, that option doesn’t appear on an iPhone.
Last edit: 17 Jul 2024 20:25 by HodgesanDY.