DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862 Not Compatible with Talk Talk

• roy.p
  • Topic Author
More
27 Feb 2020 18:45 #1 by roy.p
2862 Not Compatible with Talk Talk was created by roy.p
I have had Issues with slow, degrading connection for some time until about 2 months ago when I was getting random ADSL connection drops.

I contacted Talk Talk many times and the latest information is that my Router is quote "Not compatible with their network" So have sent me one of their crappy routers.

I have, as a test for the past 24+ hours connected the Talk Talk router to my 2862 by connecting the LAN on Talk Talk to my 2862 WAN, I have not any internet dropouts during this time. This is not ideal for me running 2 routers. Can anyone advise on this issue? is it a 2862 issue?

running the latest firmware.

R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2020 01:02 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2862 Not Compatible with Talk Talk

roy.p wrote:
I have, as a test for the past 24+ hours connected the Talk Talk router to my 2862 by connecting the LAN on Talk Talk to my 2862 WAN, I have not any internet dropouts during this time. This is not ideal for me running 2 routers. Can anyone advise on this issue? is it a 2862 issue?

Ordinarily, I would say the ISP knows best, as to what modem hardware performs best on their circuits ... but this is Talktalk we're discussing, so that's obviously not the case :roll:

There are actually 3 different firmware releases for the 2862 that you can try: https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads/vigor-2862

If none of these perform as well as the Router/Modem you've been given by Talktalk, then, I would say you have to go with that. Set it to Bridge-Mode, turn off the Wifi and DHCP and accept that there's one more plastic box in your setup than you'd like. There should be no loss of functionality, if configured as above. You'll probably struggle to access its management gui, but there may be a way round that with the 2862. (I ran a 2830n/Huawei 635 combo with Talktalk, before they lost the plot completely and I had to switch to Zen.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami