Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 syslog via Unifi USG

• butako
  • Topic Author
More
12 Aug 2020 21:56 #1 by butako
Vigor 130 syslog via Unifi USG was created by butako
Hello,
I would like to get the syslog sent to my server on the LAN side of a Unifi USG router (Server
USG ---- Vigor130 ---- Internet).
Does anyone know how to do so please?
What is puzzling is that the Vigor130 says SHOWTIME but WAN1 is showing DISCONNECTED. The USG is doing the ISP PPPoE login so this is not surprising. However when I connect to the Vigor130 console and try "ip ping 192.168.2.10" it times out. So, any ideas how I can send the syslog back through the router please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
13 Aug 2020 03:46 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Vigor 130 syslog via Unifi USG

butako wrote:
I would like to get the syslog sent to my server on the LAN side of a Unifi USG router (Server

USG ---- Vigor130 ---- Internet).
Does anyone know how to do so please?

It's just a matter of 'pointing it' at the LAN address and port where the Syslog Daemon resides...

The real issue, is getting the 'USG' to understand that there are two different routes out of the WAN-side (One to your ISP's Default Gateway and one for the 192.168.2.0/24 network that your Vigor 130 is probably using - even though these share a physical connection).

In general, you either need to add a valid 192.168.2.x address to the USG (and configure it as the gateway for the 192.168.2.0 network) - or - the method Draytek advocates, which uses VLAN tags.

This thread ( https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=21631 ) details my trials and tribulations in doing the former. This is Draytek's description of the latter: https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5212

Once you can ping the Vigor 130 from the Server, you should be sorted!

(I know nothing of the Unifi USG and don't have a Vigor 130)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.