DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 public IP on LAN

More
12 Nov 2020 09:16 #19 by martindt
Replied by martindt on topic Re: Vigor 130 public IP on LAN
Apologies - I stand corrected. I don't have a 130 any more and last used one two years ago when the UK firmware did allow it to be used as a modem or a router. Perhaps the router capabilities were dropped with later firmware releases - maybe when the 130 got BT SIN 498 MCT approval for the UK market.

You might be able to flash earlier firmware to enable the router function but I guess in the process you would lose the BT SIN 498 MCT approval.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2020 09:47 #20 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 130 public IP on LAN
I've been using a UK 130 since July 2015 and it definitely had no router capabilities then, and hasn't had them since.

More
12 Nov 2020 11:37 #21 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 130 public IP on LAN

martindt wrote:
Apologies - I stand corrected. I don't have a 130 any more and last used one two years ago when the UK firmware did allow it to be used as a modem or a router. Perhaps the router capabilities were dropped with later firmware releases - maybe when the 130 got BT SIN 498 MCT approval for the UK market.

You might be able to flash earlier firmware to enable the router function but I guess in the process you would lose the BT SIN 498 MCT approval.

Martin, you must have had a European model. The UK modem has never had any router function , there are also differences in the hardware, the UK modem has a max profile of 17a, the European/USA model is profile 30a.

I am on my second 130 and have run them since 2013.

Moderators: Sami