• djdanny9000
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Oct 2020 19:12 #1 by djdanny9000
DSL Modem Codes was created by djdanny9000
Hi guys.

Just curious I am new to Draytek products. I have the v2762 standard one I use it as a bridge modem to connected to a TP-Link C5400 V2. My question is do I need the modem code and how do you upgrade them because all I get is invalid file. And my second question is I have already upgraded the recommended update witch is version 3.9.4 BT. I just wanting to know am stuck or does the recommended upgrade 3.9.4 contain the codes I am confused.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
16 Oct 2020 05:41 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: DSL Modem Codes
Hi, always download firmware from the UK site :

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads/vigor-2762

Use the "BT" firmware , only try the other alternative firmware if you have connection issues.

Modem codes are simply the version number applied to firmware with slightly different settings , you don't need to worry about these.

To upgrade you must download the folder to your desktop , UNZIP / EXRACT the files then choose which file you want to upload.

The file marked " .all " will upgrade the firmware and retain you configuratioin settings. The file marked " .rst" will upgrade the firmware and remove all your settings (factory reset) which means you have to reconfigure your router .

Note : When you unzip / extract the files from the download folder the first file offered is a .pdf README file , that contains the information about the upgrade and also has instructions on how to upgrade firmware.

• djdanny9000
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Oct 2020 12:07 #3 by djdanny9000
Replied by djdanny9000 on topic Re: DSL Modem Codes
So what your saying modem codes are all ready included in the main BT Firmware Upgrade. What does it mean when it says invalid file you try and upgrade through the modem code upgrade section. And thank you for the reply I know I don’t need to worry.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
16 Oct 2020 15:07 #4 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: DSL Modem Codes
Forget about codes, as I said the "code" is the just another way of saying version number.

If you are seeing invalid file it means just that, you are trying to upload the wrong file for your device.

Download the firmware folder to your desktop from the draytek uk site :

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads/vigor-2762

Download this folder >> Vigor 2762 Series BT Firmware 3.9.4 - Recommended <<

Extract the contents of that folder to your desktop . ( Right click on folder and select "Extract here " )

Using the web interface (as shown in the instructioins) select Firmware Upgrade.

Choose file to upgrade > Select the file named v2762-bt-394.all and hit OK. Touch nothing until the router asks you to restart.

• djdanny9000
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Oct 2020 00:36 #5 by djdanny9000
Replied by djdanny9000 on topic Re: DSL Modem Codes
Thanks for the quick reply I fully understand now. I dubbed check looking at the PDF file and I also got in contact with DreyTek too and they said that too. Then I ask about the modem codes and they said most of the modem codes are included with the main update. When I checked the settings of VDSL2 Modem Router the modem codes are 779517
773F01.

The codes I was trying to upgrade was Vigor 2762 Series Firmware 3.9.4 (776D07 Modem Code and Vigor 2762 Series Firmware 3.9.4 (77B506 Modem Code) Download.

They half to match. They must be for other models of the Vigor 2762.