Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 no internet connection EE

• howlinggael
  • Topic Author
More
10 Dec 2020 17:29 #1 by howlinggael
Vigor 130 no internet connection EE was created by howlinggael
My provider is EE.

To summarise; I have no problems connecting to the Internet with the original router / modem (Brightbox 2). This was originally supplied by EE.

I can connect the Vigor 130 diirectly to my laptop (windows 10), or via my router (Netgear R8000P). From the laptop connection, I can logon to the Vigor 130; it shows that it is connected to the internet, and gives me upload and download speeds. Connected to the router, the solid white internet light is on OK, but neither the laptop nor any of my iPads will connect to the Internet, though the devices will establish a wireless connection to the router.

From this, I conclude that the problem lies with some setting in the modem; I have performed a factory reset, and checked the settings against the leaflet that came with it. It is quite bizarre!

I use NordVPN, but disconnecting it made no difference.

Can anyone help, please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2020 10:08 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 130 no internet connection EE
afaik there are no settings to alter in the 130 if EE are like most other UK providers. Presumably you've followed this guide https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/broadband-and-landline/home-broadband/what-are-my-home-broadband-internet-settings for the settings you need to put in your router ?

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
11 Dec 2020 10:53 #3 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 130 no internet connection EE
The Vigor 130 is plug and lay for most ISP's. If you have set up and get an internet connection direct to your laptop then the modem is set up and running . It is more likely the Netgear router that needs some attention.

Have you changed any settings in the V130?

The other thing that comes to mind is trying a different ethernet cable between modem and router.

• howlinggael
  • Topic Author
More
13 Dec 2020 16:34 #4 by howlinggael
Replied by howlinggael on topic Re: Vigor 130 no internet connection EE
Many thanks to you. It was indeed the router that needed attention. Vigor 130 was working perfectly!

Best wishes.

• howlinggael
  • Topic Author
More
16 Dec 2020 15:43 #5 by howlinggael
Replied by howlinggael on topic Re: Vigor 130 no internet connection EE
I should add that this was my fault. I had performed a factory reset of the modem and router. This wiped out the login details for EE. Reentering them sorted it. There was nothing wrong with the equipment.