DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DrayTek Vigor 130 DSL Blinking Light

• telecodester
  • Topic Author
More
14 Dec 2020 19:40 #1 by telecodester
DrayTek Vigor 130 DSL Blinking Light was created by telecodester
Hi, I'm in the process of trying to carry out an initial set up of my UniFi Dream Machine and DrayTek Vigor 130 modem to replace my ISP router - EE Smart Router but having no luck at all so far.

Trying to narrow down potential issues, one thing I've noticed is that the DSL light on the modem has not stopped blinking, even after the RJ11 cable is connected to the broadband socket for 30 plus minutes.
I've tested this with the cable included with the modem, plus another cable which definitely works with my current router but no change. I've read elsewhere that the DSL light should turn solid after a short time.

Is this a sign that the modem is potentially faulty?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
15 Dec 2020 05:58 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: DrayTek Vigor 130 DSL Blinking Light
The DSL Led blinks whilst negotiating the connection and stops once connection is established.

You don't say which ISP you use but most UK connections are PPOE and require you to enter your ISP connection details into the router.

• telecodester
  • Topic Author
More
15 Dec 2020 09:01 #3 by telecodester
Replied by telecodester on topic Re: DrayTek Vigor 130 DSL Blinking Light
My ISP is EE and I'm entering my broadbad username/password in the PPPoE section of the router setup app. I've double checked with EE that the details are correct but the router troubleshooting says the modem is not connected to the internet.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
15 Dec 2020 15:03 #4 by adrianh54
Okay, assuming you haven't altered any settings in the modem try the modem connected direct to PC/laptop.

Set a static address on your PC of 192.168.2.10 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and the gateway: 192.168.2.1

In Windows set a new PPOE connection using your ISP credentials , can you then conect to the modem using 192.168.2.1 in a browser window.

• telecodester
  • Topic Author
More
20 Dec 2020 15:20 #5 by telecodester
Replied by telecodester on topic Re: DrayTek Vigor 130 DSL Blinking Light
Tried your suggestion setting up a new connection using PPPoE with the correct ISP credentials however this results in 'Connection failed with error 628 - The connection was terminated by the remote computer before it could be connected.'

Again, retried using a different RJ11 cable but getting the same error.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
20 Dec 2020 18:31 #6 by adrianh54

Telecodester wrote:
Tried your suggestion setting up a new connection using PPPoE with the correct ISP credentials however this results in 'Connection failed with error 628 - The connection was terminated by the remote computer before it could be connected.'

Again, retried using a different RJ11 cable but getting the same error.

Error 628 refers to a Microsoft modem driver problem , that wouldn't affect your connection via the router , I would look at returning the V130 for a replacement , it really should just work out of the box with just your credentials entered in the router.