DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860 settings for Voda Gigafast

• conorw
  • Topic Author
More
03 Feb 2021 20:10 #1 by conorw
Hi All

Looking for some help and advice, I currently have a BT DSL connection into my DrayTek 2860 which has worked well for a few years. I have now been able to get Gigafast Fibre to the house through Voda, now whilst I am not enamored with Voda's customer service the thought of getting decent broadband speed is quite exciting, BT currently gives me lass than 10Mbs!

So I want to keep my BT line and run the Voda line into the WAN2 port, seems ok I am told? this week I have had the Voda link provisioned & all is good on using the Voda router. I have plugged the RJ45 from the Voda router into Wan2 on my Draytek & also configured the username and password in the WAN setup, I've enabled WAN2, the VLan setting is interesting as I have been given 2 conflicting values 101 & 911? I have tried both to no avail!

Next the username and password, I have quadruple checked the spelling and the painful exercise of speaking with Voda 3 time to tripple check it. MTU setting at 1460.

I still cannot get it to recognise the 2nd line, have I missed anything? all feedback welcome

Thanks

Conor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2021 11:20 #2 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: Vigor 2860 settings for Voda Gigafast
I've not used gigafast, just FTTC from vodafone, so my experience my vary, but did you give us a full username, or just the part before the @. For VDSL is it in the format of dsl000123456@broadband.vodafone.co.uk

I found that cloning the MAC helped, but suspect that if you wait a while it will work without. Others say that was necessary for them

Not sure on throughput of the 2860, so you might find that performance is lower that expected. Have a check on thinkbroadband for vlan ids - 911 was listed in the most recent post
https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/vodafone/f/4676284-can-you-use-your-own-router-with-gigafast.html

More
18 Mar 2021 23:12 #3 by pharcyder
Replied by pharcyder on topic Re: Vigor 2860 settings for Voda Gigafast
Don’t you need to put the Voda router into bridge mode to do what you’re trying to do?

If you can’t then you could setup WAN2 using the Static/Dynamic IP option...although you’ll be in a double NAT situation with this method.

More
03 Feb 2022 13:45 #4 by turner broadcast
Replied by turner broadcast on topic Re: Vigor 2860 settings for Voda Gigafast
Hi Conor,

I am trying to set up a 2832n with BT Infinity but have had no luck. Could you share the settings you used to make yours work?

Many Thanks

Matthew

conorw wrote:
Hi All

Looking for some help and advice, I currently have a BT DSL connection into my DrayTek 2860 which has worked well for a few years. I have now been able to get Gigafast Fibre to the house through Voda, now whilst I am not enamored with Voda's customer service the thought of getting decent broadband speed is quite exciting, BT currently gives me lass than 10Mbs!

So I want to keep my BT line and run the Voda line into the WAN2 port, seems ok I am told? this week I have had the Voda link provisioned & all is good on using the Voda router. I have plugged the RJ45 from the Voda router into Wan2 on my Draytek & also configured the username and password in the WAN setup, I've enabled WAN2, the VLan setting is interesting as I have been given 2 conflicting values 101 & 911? I have tried both to no avail!

Next the username and password, I have quadruple checked the spelling and the painful exercise of speaking with Voda 3 time to tripple check it. MTU setting at 1460.

I still cannot get it to recognise the 2nd line, have I missed anything? all feedback welcome

Thanks

Conor

Moderators: Sami