Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862 vdsl modem issue

• fergin
  • Topic Author
More
26 Mar 2021 10:08 #1 by fergin
2862 vdsl modem issue was created by fergin
Hi

Purchased a 2862 to use with sky Fttc, setup no issues and connected fine, on my old modem tplink vr600, I would hold a steady snr of 3db, no errors and good stable connection, the 2862 started counting crc errors at a snr of 6db, I left for a few days but Dlm kept increasing snr got to 8.8 and sync rate about 10 meg Lower, changed back to my tp link and sync speed higher and no error count,

I really like the draytek but obviously it is causing me issues, is there any one that can help, I picked it up second hand and starting to wonder if there is an issue with the modem

Regards Fergin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2021 14:44 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2862 vdsl modem issue
It could be that you need to use one of the other firmware 'variants', to suit your local FTTC hardware. Nothing - as far as I'm aware - to be lost by trying them. Always a good idea to backup the config. first.

You can also manually tweak, how the other end 'sees' your equipment. I twiddled with the 'SNR' parameter to improve performance, but it can be twiddled in the opposite direction to improve reliability.

https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/4800

Draytek almost seem to be suggesting you try this first...

Draytek wrote: If the SNR value or the DSL stability is not as good as you expected, please try other DSL modem codes to improve

• fergin
  • Topic Author
More
26 Mar 2021 16:21 #3 by fergin
Replied by fergin on topic Re: 2862 vdsl modem issue
Thanks

Tried a few struggled to get connection, updated to latest firmware and that really caused me issues, have now gone back to previous firmware and dug an old bt eci modem and set on wan 2, I’ll see how that goes, wasn’t aware you could change target snr, thought it was all done by dlm,

Thanks for reply

Fergin

More
26 Mar 2021 23:57 #4 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2862 vdsl modem issue

Fergin wrote:
... wasn’t aware you could change target snr, thought it was all done by dlm,

AFAIK, the modem reports its SNR back to the cabinet, so that the far end can make the required adjustments to signal levels. This feature allows it to lie about those signal levels :o

One thing that the article doesn't mention, is the "vdsl savecfg" command, which, I assume, is required to make the change persist. It also doesn't say how to reset to the default setting, but I'm guessing "vdsl snr 0" will do that.

Moderators: Sami