DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

BT - V130 - Google Nest

• marudge
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jul 2021 17:45 #1 by marudge
BT - V130 - Google Nest was created by marudge
Hi. Calling out to the forum as in dire need of help.

Changed ISP today to BT (from PlusNet). I was hoping it was a simple case of updating the PPPoE credentials and off we go...... how wrong I was. After 8 hours, trying myself and with Google Support and I no further forward. The Google Router will simply not get to a stage where I can put in PPPoE credentials. They are saying it cannot see the internet and its an issue with them modem - you should be able to put credential in. I'm not surprised that nobody takes responsibility and its always another parties fault.

I am just hoping that somebody on this forum has encountered this before and may be able to help.

Many thanks

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2021 23:59 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: BT - V130 - Google Nest

MARudge wrote:
The Google Router will simply not get to a stage where I can put in PPPoE credentials. They are saying it cannot see the internet and its an issue with them modem

I'm not entirely sure what a "Google Router" is ... is it one of these: https://support.google.com/wifi/answer/7168315?hl=en ?. If so, there are some weird references to your "existing ISP and modem". I don't think any UK ISPs distribute modems, though some give you a combined AP/Router/Modem that you can put into 'Bridge Mode'. (But some don't!)

So - what hardware are you actually using?

If a Vigor 130 is implicated in this - as indicated by your post title and other post , then this passage from the manual is pertinent:

Draytek wrote:
The Vigor 130 comes preconfigured for most UK ISPs. Therefore, in most cases you do not need to perform any setup of the Vigor 130 at all. You only need to physically connect it (plug it in) and then configure your connected router/firewall. Your ISP username and password go into your router, not the Vigor 130, which just acts as the DSL-to-Ethernet bridge.

You probably need to explain this: "The Google Router will simply not get to a stage where I can put in PPPoE credentials". (It won't 'see' the Internet until you have entered some valid credentials for your ISP)

More
06 Jul 2021 08:29 #3 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: BT - V130 - Google Nest
According to this https://support.google.com/wifi/answer/6246630?hl=en&ref_topic=9832042

It's all done in the Google Home app - without involving the router/modem - when setting PPPoE credentials.

And what he said re your other post.

More
07 Jul 2021 05:20 #4 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: BT - V130 - Google Nest
The modem has nothing to do with the issue , all required settings are made within the router.

As per this thread at BT forum , especially post #2

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Need-help-to-set-up-Nest-Wifi-Router/td-p/2026859

Factory reset the Google Nest , may need to be done a couple of times, then enter your BT username , password and for an FTTC connetion add Vlan Tag 101.

Moderators: Sami