DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 dropping connection every 2 hours

• vidriduch
  • Topic Author
More
23 Nov 2021 12:21 #1 by vidriduch
I have a Draytek Vigor 130 setup as a modem (latest firmware 3.8.4.1 BT) connected to Firewalla Gold (router) and Linksys WHW0302 Velop (two nodes) as Wifi access point. In the last few weeks, the Internet connection started to drop. First it was every few days, now it is almost every 2 hours. I have been using this setup for more than a year now, but never had any problems. The Vigor is 4 years old and has been running without a single issue all that time. Nothing has changed on the network

I have changed the broadband filter on the wall, but it made no difference.

Any ideas what this can be? Thank you.

Here is my stats from the Vigor
or ( https://ibb.co/cgVgFJh )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2021 18:37 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 130 dropping connection every 2 hours
The stats are fine except the line dropping 30 times.

Is the modem hot? Could be hardware failing , could also be the power supply is dying , can you try a different PSU to test that?

More
24 Nov 2021 10:43 #3 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: Vigor 130 dropping connection every 2 hours
You're losing 14Mbps somewhere (DS) if comparing actual rate with attainable rate.

Is your line capped?

Is your filter faulty? Connect to the master socket to check.

Is there a fault on the line? If the above not an issue, worth checking with your ISP so that they can run a test.

I presume you've checked your WAN settings etc.

More
20 Dec 2021 14:25 #4 by the pit
Are your speeds staying constant or slowly falling?

If they are constant falling you could have the situation I had where I needed the phone line replacing.

If you're on BT it's worth picking up a Business hub about £30.00 on ebay and then putting it into modem mode and then see if it stays stable.

If it doesn't take it off modem mode while you chat to BT support desk they'll do some tests and hopefully see an issue. That way they can't say it's your equipment.

Moderators: Sami