DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Best modem code for Vigor 166 - Stability issues!

• eveares
  • Topic Author
More
03 Feb 2022 23:05 #1 by eveares
Recently got a Darytek Vigor 166 (Gen 1) VDSL modem to replace my ageing (but stable) Huawei EchoLife HG612. However I am having stability and latency issues with the Vigor 166.

Not sure if my local cabinet I come off is ECI or Huawei, but was installed around 2013 and think it may be a ECI cab based on the original modem I was supplied back then was a ECI modem, before I later upgraded to a Vigor 130 and sold the original ECI modem, and then later again sold the Vigor 130 when I upgraded to Vigor 2860, and then got the 2nd hand Huawei EchoLife HG612 of ebay when I sold my Vigor 2860 when I upgraded to a 2962.

I suppose it's just going to be a case of trying different firmware and modem codes contained within each firmware to see if it improves the stability and latency issues with the Vigor 166 I was getting, as it did not seem right to me; however any ideas to the below issue? (Same level of low-medium network activity at time of tests, so comparable imo.)

Vigor 166 = 200 Pings to 8.8.8.8, lost 6 pings, max was 352ms and average was 42ms
HG612 = 200 Pings to 8.8.8.8, lost 0 pings, max was 28ms and average was 22ms.

So something is UP!

Regards: Elliott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2022 15:23 #2 by devonkev
Hi Elliott, have you contacted support regarding this matter?

We’re having some sync issues with ours, where it syncs 10Mb less than our existing Fritzbox router (upload is fine).
We are also seeing odd issues with latency, followed by a disconnect some time later.

Unlike the Fritzbox which was enabled, it is reporting no to bitswap.

It is running the latest UK firmware and I’ve tried both modem codes, both with the same results.
Sync is 25Mb/7Mb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami