Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2760 Bridge Mode - Intermittent Connection

• ocf
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Apr 2022 09:04 #1 by ocf
I'm trying to get a PFsense firewall setup as my home firewall, to this end I purchased a vigor 2760 to use as a modem in bridge mode as my ISP modem does not provide such a feature.

Long story short the 2760 works fine when in NAT mode but when I put it in bridge mode and it hands out a WAN IP via DHCP to its LAN client I lose WAN connectivity every 5-15 minutes, I've tried the following -

Tested with multiple PC's and two separate PF sense devices running latest pf sense
Changed countless PFsense settings and trawled the forums for similar issues
Changed countless settings on the draytek MPOA/DHCP WAN settings - nothing seems to make a difference.
Latest firmware on the vigor modem, tried several modem codes - no change
followed the draytek guide for talktalk ISP setup and the talktalk guide for setting up 3rd party modems -

It seems that the issue occurs when the dynamic WAN IP from my ISP changes, I'm with talktalk, when I had my pfsense box running the logs seemed to reference a DHCP lease time of 450 seconds, I couldn't seem to get this to increase even using DHCP options/modifiers.

When using the draytek device in bridge mode connected to a single machine I get the same frequent disconnects, things that usually resolve the issue -

Unplugging/Replugging the cable to the modem
Resetting Windows NIC
Restarting router

It seems like the draytek receives a new WAN and Gateway IP but dont hand it on to the connected device, I can see the IP change in the draytek connection information but the IP I see when running ipconfig on the device does not change till I do one of the above.

I've taken sys logs of the issue, see first reply

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ocf
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Apr 2022 09:06 #2 by ocf
I cant post the log because its too long, where can I upload it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.