• yamster
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Sep 2022 11:25 #1 by yamster
NAT session Table port 443? was created by yamster
Hi,

I am with Sky FTTC and I have a question why in the nat session table does everything go over port 443.

I can’t get an open Nat on my ps4 using upnp, dmz or port forwarding. Everything seems to go over port 443, port 53 or port 80

Here is a picture of my Nat session table

Any help or advice would be great

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2022 14:09 #2 by desquinn
Replied by desquinn on topic Re: NAT session Table port 443?
the services you are connecting to are running on those ports. Most likely they are using SSL proxies on their services that are then fed to back end servers or through CDNs as in the first IP address. Ports on the right are outgoing and the ports on the left are incoming more or less. My screenshot below shows incoming RDP and SSL ports and the outgoing SSL ports that my network are connecting on.

If you are looking to forward traffic in the way then you will need to open a port forward to your internal device

https://valar.equinoxitc.co.uk/nextcloud/index.php/s/sb282QoT93i3GWG/preview

Des Quinn

• yamster
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Sep 2022 15:52 #3 by yamster
Replied by yamster on topic Re: NAT session Table port 443?
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Just to confirm I just need to setup a simple port forward from port 3056 internal and the internal IP to 3056 external with source any IP?

Thanks,

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
20 Sep 2022 16:20 #4 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: NAT session Table port 443?

yamster wrote:
Just to confirm I just need to setup a simple port forward from port 3056 internal and the internal IP to 3056 external with source any IP?

Going from the internal network to an external network requires no setting up at all. Any device on your internal LAN(s) that wants to access port 3056, can do so. Any traffic which flows back in response to that traffic will also be handled. Port forwarding et al is for unsolicited inbound traffic.

(Say for example you want to run a web server - and traffic starts arriving destined for port 80 - the Router needs to know which (if any) internal device it should send it to).