DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 110 as ADSL Modem / Bridge?

• cancunia
  • Topic Author
More
11 Oct 2022 11:32 #1 by cancunia
Vigor 110 as ADSL Modem / Bridge? was created by cancunia
I've just bought a Draytek Vigor 110 thinking it was an ADSL modem but from looking at the manual it seems to be a fully functional router with NAT, Firewall & DHCP etc. Does anyone know if it's possible to disable all of the functions except the PPOA - PPOE bridge so that it works in a way similar to the Vigor 120?
The box is still on it's way, so I wondered if anyone has ideas in advance?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2022 15:14 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 110 as ADSL Modem / Bridge?
I'd be intrigued if anyone here has any experience with a Vigor 110 - I'd never heard of it until I read your post and I've been using Draytek's since the days of the USB modem router...

• cancunia
  • Topic Author
More
18 Oct 2022 16:18 #3 by cancunia
Replied by cancunia on topic Re: Vigor 110 as ADSL Modem / Bridge?
I've been testing the Vigor 110 on & off since yesterday. The manual that I found online is for a different hardware / firmware version than the UK version that I bought. The Vigor 110 UK version is similar to the Vigor 113 from what I've read in that it's simply an ADSL PPPOA / PPPOE modem rather than the firewall / router that the manual describes.
I found some official UK firmware and some alternative firmware on another Draytek web site but both are essentially the same from what I can see.
The modem seems to work ok but I'll test it some more over the next few days to be sure. It was bought to connect a router that does not have a built in ADSL modem, so it does what I wanted it for without any of the potential configuration problems I'd been worrying about.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
27 Oct 2022 06:50 #4 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 110 as ADSL Modem / Bridge?
The 110 and 113 are circa 2008 models and not suitable in todays environment. The firmware will never be updated .

• cancunia
  • Topic Author
More
27 Oct 2022 09:18 #5 by cancunia
Replied by cancunia on topic Re: Vigor 110 as ADSL Modem / Bridge?

AdrianH54 wrote:
The 110 and 113 are circa 2008 models and not suitable in todays environment. The firmware will never be updated .

The 110 worked fine on my ADSL line & did what I needed to test a router which had no inbuilt ADSL modem. The ADSL technology on my line is just about as dated as the 110 so it was a good match.