• jjm001
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Jan 2023 11:24 #1 by jjm001
SoGEA problem was created by jjm001
Hello,

I have recently had a new SoGEA line activated at a site. I have tried plugging in a Vigor 2763AC into the master socket. The router can't see any service on the line and the status is "Training" I have also tried an older router which is a Vigor 2862N and I get the same result. Does this mean there is no service on the line or am I missing something with the configuration to get the routers to see the service on the line? To my understanding, SoGEA is VDSL2 which is compatible with both routers. Draytek support told me to try different firmware and modem codes which I have tried to no avail. The ISP told me they don't offer support for Draytek routers. If the routers cannot detect a service on the line and are in "training" mode, then am I right to assume this is likely an issue with the line or my configuration?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin2
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
More
19 Jan 2023 08:53 #2 by admin2
Replied by admin2 on topic Re: SoGEA problem
Hi,

Yes, SOGEA is compatible with DrayTek product. Minus the 'no landline' part it the same as other VDSL products.

If the status doesn't get to 'showtime' then it means that sync between the device and the ISP equipment hasn't been obtained. This is not related to higher layer settings such as VLAN tag or username / password so configuration wise there is unlikely to be much which would prevent sync. It's only things like the device DSL mode being set to ADSL only mode. Trying different firmware which has different modem codes is helpful a for some line conditions (for example a poor quality line) a different modem code could get a result. As you've tried two different devices (and the two devices you've named have different DSL hardware) I'd wonder if there is an issue with the line. Hopefully the ISP can run line checks.

More
28 Jan 2023 09:09 #3 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: SoGEA problem
At least 1 admin here is still alive :mrgreen:

More
03 Apr 2023 13:55 #4 by simonh
Replied by simonh on topic Re: SoGEA problem
Was this a line issue in the end?

More
05 May 2023 21:45 #5 by simonh
Replied by simonh on topic Re: SoGEA problem
I switched to SOGEA VDSL a couple of weeks ago and my connection has been more reliable than ever! Normally it would drop every few days, sometimes a couple of times a day.

Since going SOGEA, I haven't had any drops and the uptime on my 2866 is 14 days. This is unheard of on my line for a very long time!!