• xer0w
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jul 2023 11:35 #1 by xer0w
Vigor 2766 G.fast slow speed was created by xer0w
Hi,

I recently "upgraded" from a Vigor 2762 (used in combination with an MT992 G.fast modem) to a Vigor 2766ac, mainly so that I could do away with the external modem, however, since installing the 2766 my speed has dropped considerably.
I used to consistently get 300Mbps download and 48Mbps upload speed with my old setup, now with the 2766 it's dropped to 180/48. After reading some post on this forum, it seems that the built in modem has some compatibility issues with BT cabinets (Huawei ones), which I think is what I'm connected to (going by the Chipset Vendor on the stats: BDCM), so I was expecting a small drop in speed, but not almost half!
I've tried changing the modem codes, but it's actually worse (if it connects al all) on the other ones.

Here are my current line stats (the SNR is high because of all the reboots I've been doing, its usually down in the 6dB range)
Code:
--------------------------- ATU-R Info (hw: annex A, f/w: annex X) ----------- Running Mode : G.fast State : SHOWTIME DS Actual Rate :187044000 bps US Actual Rate : 49320000 bps DS Attainable Rate :194923000 bps US Attainable Rate : 49932000 bps DS Path Mode : Fast US Path Mode : Fast DS Interleave Depth : 0 US Interleave Depth : 0 NE Current Attenuation : 127 dB Cur SNR Margin : 9 dB DS actual PSD : 0. 0 dB US actual PSD : 4. 2 dB NE Rcvd Cells : 0 NE Xmitted Cells : 0 NE CRC Count : 0 FE CRC Count : 0 NE ES Count : 0 FE ES Count : 0 Xdsl Reset Times : 0 Xdsl Link Times : 1 ITU Version[0] : fe004452 ITU Version[1] : 41590000 ADSL Firmware Version : 12-3-2-3-0-5 Power Management Mode : DSL_G997_PMS_L0 Test Mode : DISABLE nBandPlan : 0 -------------------------------- ATU-C Info --------------------------------- Far Current Attenuation : 127 dB Far SNR Margin : 3 dB CO ITU Version[0] : b5004244 CO ITU Version[1] : 434dc20d DSLAM CHIPSET VENDOR : < BDCM >

Any help appreciated, or settings to try etc (I'm ok using the CLI).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2023 11:59 #2 by devonkev
Replied by devonkev on topic Re: Vigor 2766 G.fast slow speed
I can only go from personal experience, however I've never had a positive experience with a Draytek DSL modems.
I've tried ADSL, ADSL+ and VDSL over the years with Draytek, I've never had a good experience compared to other vendors.

Experiences includes disconnects and slow sync speeds every time.

The routers themselves are fantastic, it's just the DSL interfaces that just don't cut it.

• xer0w
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jul 2023 16:41 #3 by xer0w
Replied by xer0w on topic Re: Vigor 2766 G.fast slow speed
Thanks for the reply.
I've come to the same conclusion after some testing, so I'm now back to using the MT992 on WAN2 and have disabled the built in modem.

More
29 Jul 2023 14:17 #4 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: Vigor 2766 G.fast slow speed

devonkev wrote:
I can only go from personal experience, however I've never had a positive experience with a Draytek DSL modems.
I've tried ADSL, ADSL+ and VDSL over the years with Draytek, I've never had a good experience compared to other vendors.

Experiences includes disconnects and slow sync speeds every time.

The routers themselves are fantastic, it's just the DSL interfaces that just don't cut it.

Same here. Lines with no noise spikes seem to be handled well by Draytek, but not when there are issues, such as REIN or SHINE.

More
30 Jul 2023 14:58 #5 by devonkev
Replied by devonkev on topic Re: Vigor 2766 G.fast slow speed

xer0w wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
I've come to the same conclusion after some testing, so I'm now back to using the MT992 on WAN2 and have disabled the built in modem.

Having taken a quick look, the MT992 looks like the Royles Royce of modems in terms of VDSL.