DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2766Vac Question

• driver96
  • Topic Author
More
25 Apr 2024 17:14 #1 by driver96
Vigor 2766Vac Question was created by driver96
Hello I have a new (4 months) Vigor 2766Vac. I have noticed that the Syslog shows the Showtime cycle repeating continually at 26sec (approx). a clip of the Syslog is shown. (PS tried to attach a screen shot of a clip of the Syslog but failed; is there a permission issue?)
The green DSL Led is continually blinking, and never seems to lock (after switching from blinking orange). The period of the green Led blinking varies; it's period is similar to the power Led and sometimes slightly faster. But not in phase.
I understand that it is also a data traffic Led; but it never appears to lock for even a short period.
The internet connection works OK, the connection status and DSL status is shown below.The firmware is that recommended by DTek for BT/Openreach. My B/band ISP is Plusnet. I posted this question on the Plusnet community forum MYROUTER recently. Opinion was that there was a debug triggered ? Not something I have initiated.
Just need to understand if this issue is hardware or firmware related; or if an internal setting item is triggering the repeat of the Showtime cycle.

Any advice most welcome.
Thanks Bri.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• driver96
  • Topic Author
More
27 Apr 2024 12:57 #2 by driver96
Replied by driver96 on topic Re: Vigor 2766Vac Question
This is the clip of the router Syslog file. That I couldn't attach to the 1st post.
Hope everyone can see.
Should show the repeating sequence of SHOWTIME every 29? secs
Any thoughts please, most welcpme.

[/img]

• piste basher
  • Away
More
27 Apr 2024 15:26 #3 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 2766Vac Question
We can't post images here, you'll have to host it somewhere else and link to it.

Have you another modem (e.g. old Openreach one) with which you could check that the physical connection is OK -i.e. cable, filter etc?

Assume you are using the PPPoE settings page for "internet access" , not "Static or Dynamic IP" ?

I don't think I've ever had a working internet connection until the DSL LED stabilises, but that could be faulty memory. Are you getting your expected speeds on a speed test?