Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WAN port with aggregated LTE & WiFi

• allen675
  • Topic Author
More
25 Sep 2019 16:30 #1 by allen675
WAN port with aggregated LTE & WiFi was created by allen675
Hello,

I need a little help please. I thought I had this figured out however I am getting intermittent problems and think I may have some conflicts. What I'm trying to do may not even be possible?

The scenario: I have a Vigor 2925n, a tp link archer m200 LTE router and a ubiquiti nanostation m2. What I want to achieve is an aggregated connection from the m200(LTE) & Nanostation (WiFi) to use when I'm at a site in my RV/motorhome. Now I thought seeing as the Vigor has two Ethernet WAN ports and the ability to session balance that this would be achievable. I've set both the archer and nanostation up on their own separate subnets to try to avoid any conflicts in router mode with DHCP enabled.

Now it may be clear from my post that I'm no expert and am hoping that someone can help ie not possible don't waste your time or yes it's possible and this is how it's done because it's starting to hurt my brain!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2019 07:24 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: WAN port with aggregated LTE & WiFi
What exactly do you mean by aggregated?

Load balancing should be fine, but that does what it says - two 20Mb/s fees give you 40mb/s total capacity but a single 'download' won't run at 40mb/s as the endpoints as still disparate - not bonded. Your home endpoint or the router can't tell the remote end to split the data across two different WAN connections. So, two local applications/activities could get 20Mb/s each.

Forum Administrator

• allen675
  • Topic Author
More
26 Sep 2019 07:54 #3 by allen675
Replied by allen675 on topic Re: WAN port with aggregated LTE & WiFi
Okay thank you for the explanation. I want to load balance (I thought aggregation was another tech term used for that). So for example two devices connected to the draytek one watching Netflix & the other Amazon video (as an example) I want to balance this load across LTE & WiFi connection. With the setup I have I'm still getting intermittent problems so really need help, I keep losing internet connection so I'm guessing some conflict somewhere?

• allen675
  • Topic Author
More
26 Sep 2019 16:40 #4 by allen675
Replied by allen675 on topic Re: WAN port with aggregated LTE & WiFi
Thanks so far for the feedback and help. I managed to figure out the error of my ways. I had an IP conflict. The network I was accessing (router IP address 192.168.2.1) for testing purposes with the nanostation (192.168.2.1) had the same IP address!

More
02 Oct 2019 10:06 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: WAN port with aggregated LTE & WiFi
Glad you solved it :-)

Forum Administrator