DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Induction hob causing WAN (VDSL2) link to go down

• overworkedchimp
  • Topic Author
More
26 Feb 2021 15:21 #1 by overworkedchimp
Induction hob causing WAN (VDSL2) link to go down was created by overworkedchimp
Hi,

I have recently installed a induction hob which is in the kitchen and situated by the wall but under the study. On that wall in the telephone box that I plug my Vigor into. When the induction hob is switched on 99% of the time it will cause the internet to go offline. I have tried moving the Vigor down stairs using a different phone port but it still disconnects (perhaps not quite as much as when upstairs).

Has anyone had any experience link this? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2021 05:31 #2 by adrianh54
Induction hobs emit large amounts of EMF waves. You appear to have phone extension cables/sockets which no doubt also include the red/white bell wire. Extensions like that are an absolute no-no for broadband use as they act like a nice long aerial and pick up interference which causes connection issues.

Your modem needs to be as close to the Master socket as possible.

Your hob ........ is it correctly installed/earthed? You can get an engineer to check EMF levels to see if it is within the safe range (which is a joke as they say your safe because you are more than 12 inches away from the hob when you cook, really?) you do know that these things turn off pacemakers so any vulnerable people should be kept well away from the area ? They can also ruin watches, phones and other devices containing a chip.

Personally I wouldn't allow an induction cooker in my home. You'll need to look at removing phone extension cables and shielding modem/router and connected devices.

You did of course have this installed/checked by a qualified electrician?

More
13 Apr 2021 12:31 #3 by ahgahg
So. A luddite! Just the wrong person to take notice of.

Unfortunately he may have a point - to a degree, probably really doesn’t know why!

More
14 Apr 2021 10:47 #4 by adrianh54

Ahgahg wrote:
So. A luddite! Just the wrong person to take notice of.

Unfortunately he may have a point - to a degree, probably really doesn’t know why!

Oh a Sophomaniac .

Rather silly to make assumptions. Nowhere did I say anything about not being in favour of anything new or modern.

Indeed my home is full of "high tech" equipment, however products that are known to be a health hazard or source of potentially damaging properties I avoid like the plague.

Perhaps you should avail yourself of a little more research.

Whilst there maybe you could explain how you think your post is in any way helpful to anyone?

Your very first post on this forum is rude, arrogant, ignorant and provides the original poster with no help or advice at all . It is clearly worded and intended as a personal attack which says a lot about you.

Moderators: Sami