DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Sessions based Load Balancing with Sky Q

• dbigger
  • Topic Author
More
27 May 2021 18:58 #1 by dbigger
Hello
i Have been running my 2862ac for 4 months with my Sky q and 1 mini box , all working great , i have recently had a second line installed 'BT' and now run the router in a load balancing mode , i get my 2 times speed up and down , and i am happy with this, The Sky line is set up on WAN1 by the VDSL internal modem and the BT line is via a 130 to wan2, this way i can get all my other services the issue i have now is that i get a subscription failed from my sky Q for on demand content , i guess this is because sky are getting 2 requests over the 2 lines. i can see i can make routing exceptions so i should be able to route my sky q boxes via my sky line, has anyone managed this and how?

DB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2021 13:01 #2 by admin3
You can set up exceptions to load balancing from [WAN] > [General Setup] > [Advanced], but that's just ports that are exempt. You might need to add a load balance rule to send your Sky Q box IP's traffic through WAN1 only.

Make sure the IGMP relay under Applications is set to relay WAN1 as well.

Forum Administrator

• dbigger
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jul 2021 20:12 #3 by dbigger
Replied by dbigger on topic Re: Sessions based Load Balancing with Sky Q
After allocating the sky q boxes all a close ip range and setting a new rule for their gateway i finally got it all working.
Thank you .