Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DrayDDNS not updating

• milesmet
  • Topic Author
More
24 Aug 2021 10:36 #1 by milesmet
DrayDDNS not updating was created by milesmet
Hi,

Have a V2862 (firmware vers. 3.9.6_BT with Wifi) with a ADSL getting a dynamic public IP address from ISP.
The DrayDDNS was enabled and working with xxxxx.drayddns.com.
Then something happened on the router, I think a software update by someone.

The router is working fine and proving LAN services no issue, I can ping and https into the router with the dynamic IP, but the DDNs will not update, I have tried enabling again, forcing update etc, but DNS resolution still uses the old update before event mentioned above.
, but even checking DRAYNS1.DRAYDDNS.COM for my xxxx.drayddns.com shows the old public IP.
I get DNS propagation across the internet cane take time, but any idea whats happening with this issue and what I can do to resolve ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shop
  • User
  • User
More
25 Oct 2021 22:23 #2 by shop
Replied by shop on topic Re: DrayDDNS not updating
Have you tried logging into MyVigor and checking the status of your ddns registration ?

https://myvigor.draytek.com/login?self=1

More
03 Nov 2021 17:44 #3 by pharcyder
Replied by pharcyder on topic Re: DrayDDNS not updating
I have the same challenge. When setup initially it all works fine and works until the next IP change...however the IP address against my DrayDDNS record isn't updated. A manual forced update does nothing. I have to delete and re-setup the entire DrayDDNS config again which will complete successfully...but then the entire process fails again on the next IP change.

Using a 2865ac running 4.3.2BT.

• nieldm
  • User
  • User
More
20 Nov 2021 07:54 #4 by nieldm
Replied by nieldm on topic Re: DrayDDNS not updating
+1 on this.

I have found that if I click "Sync Domain", it gives me a dialog that appears to do nothing after clicking "ok" apart from changing "Sync Domain" to "Edit Domain". If I click that, it then brings up the myvigor login screen and from there I can get to use "Force Update", which then updates to the correct ip address. Using Force Update in my (2926) UI seems to have no effect.

More
02 Aug 2022 09:12 #5 by reado
Replied by reado on topic Re: DrayDDNS not updating
This is how pathetic DrayTek's programming has become...

When I go into the DrayDDNS profile and the sub-domain box is empty and disabled, the only way to workaround this is to open the browser's Developer Tools, select the sub-domain element and removed the "disabled" attribute to enable it after which I can enter the sub-domain. Clicking OK and what I've entered actually saves to the DrayTek and all of a sudden the DDNS service and associated SSL certificate begins to update!

This issue occurs with version 3.9.8 (Vigor 2862) and version 4.4.0 (Vigor 2927).

However, I am still tormented with the "Connection Failed" message on the Service Status page, despite having a working Internet connection. I can also reach myvigor.draytek.com, just not the same URL that's generated by the router when you click Product Registration.

I seem to remember getting an email from DrayTek a while ago when they were upgrading something. Perhaps all of these issues are related?

More
11 Oct 2022 16:20 #6 by markvoip
Replied by markvoip on topic Re: DrayDDNS not updating
I have just been around the block many, many times trying to get DrayDDNS working. Problem was I also, in my 2860 setup had the sub-domain box empty and disabled.
Force sync on MyVigor, Force update on the router... nothing.

But perhaps it just takes a while because suddenly, the sub-domain was filled in on the router page, and on MyVigor, my ip address appeared.

You probably noticed that the default update period is 14400 minutes, which is *ten* days. That could look like it was not updating.

You can change the update period (changed mine to 1440 minutes), *but* only after all the other issues are fixed, atherwise you can not save the change.