Syslog Utility 4.7.0 Crashing

• qwaz01
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jul 2022 17:26 #1 by qwaz01
Syslog Utility 4.7.0 Crashing was created by qwaz01
Anyone else having issues with Syslog 4.7.0 crashing?

Previous versions were fine but since upgrading it crashes a couple of times a week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2022 09:06 #2 by reado
Replied by reado on topic Re: Syslog Utility 4.7.0 Crashing
Same here! I noticed this morning it loaded but then disappeared. I assumed it had minimised as the System Tray icon was still there and I have it set to always save the logs. But silly me didn't hover over the icon which subsequently disappeared.

Why DrayTek?...

• qwaz01
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Aug 2022 14:27 #3 by qwaz01
Replied by qwaz01 on topic Re: Syslog Utility 4.7.0 Crashing

Reado wrote:
Same here! I noticed this morning it loaded but then disappeared. I assumed it had minimised as the System Tray icon was still there and I have it set to always save the logs. But silly me didn't hover over the icon which subsequently disappeared.

Why DrayTek?...

I have rolled back to v4.6 and seems fine now

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
18 Aug 2022 20:08 #4 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Possibly related...
Back in January, I posted about the strange splurge of error messages that SyslogRD was generating. No one answered (no one ever does :( ), so I thought I'd try setting up TWO running SyslogRD clients and splitting the clients between them. I thought the issue might related to messages from one particular client, but now neither client exhibited the strange message phenomenon ...

What does happen, is that they will both sometimes 'sink without trace', as described in this thread. I don't know if they both exit simultaneously, but when I notice one of them is missing, the other one always is, as well. It's as though 'something' out there sends a message they take umbrage at!

(I have to admit I'd not thought to look in the Windows Event log, but sure enough, there's evidence in there of them dying unexpectedly.)

• piste basher
  • Away
More
19 Aug 2022 08:39 #5 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Syslog Utility 4.7.0 Crashing
Clearly you have discovered another quantum entanglement phenomenon 8)