DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WIRES-X open ports/port redirection

• pa3efr
  • Topic Author
More
17 Mar 2023 10:26 #1 by pa3efr
WIRES-X open ports/port redirection was created by pa3efr
As HAM Radio operator I did setup my equipment to run an application called WIRES-X with my Vigor 2926. It uses UDP ports (46100, 46110, 46112, 46114, 46120 and 46122) to communicate and I did do some reading in this Community Board on open ports and port redirection. However, it does not want to work on my Vigor. WIRES-X does work on my fixed house network, which bring me to the conclusion: the PC is setup correctly.

Back to the Vigor.
- I disabled the firewall on the Vigor. Enabled LTE for the mobile traffic, internet access is fine.
- I enable port redirection, one-to-one port translations, no luck on running WIRES-X.
- I enabled open ports, range of UDP ports, no luck on running WIRES-X.
- I set port triggering, no luck on running WIRES-X.
- I activated all three independently and simultaneously, but WIRES-X with it's port check feature does not run whatsoever.

After some days of trial and only errors, I am hoping that someone can help me. I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Erwin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2023 08:47 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: WIRES-X open ports/port redirection
It sounds as though you are trying to use an LTE connection via a mobile network to run your WIRES-X. In such a case you would not normally be given a public IP address by the LTE operator (I understand that you can get one by paying rather more than the standard rates, but have no experience of that myself). I understand that WIRES-X requires a "proper" external public IP address, which is why it works on your fixed line.

See here for example https://di-marco.net/blog/it/2022-01-01-lte_and_starlink_isp-access_to_your_lan_from_outside/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami