DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2910VG dropping SIP registrations

• nostartnoend
  • Topic Author
More
30 Oct 2008 09:41 #1 by nostartnoend
Vigor 2910VG dropping SIP registrations was created by nostartnoend
I've got a Vigor 2910VG, which allows for up to 6 SIP registrations. It's flaky, to say the least. Sometimes it holds the SIP registration for a week; sometimes it barely lasts a few hours. And it will drop all or some accounts in no particular order and at varying intervals.

I had all six SIP slots filled as of yesterday, and I suspected (wrongly, it seems) that the sheer number of accounts might have been causing the reg dropping problems. So I lumped them all together at MySIPswitch and then logged the DrayTek into just that account. It held for most of the day, then I woke up this morning to find that it was unregistered. As it often is.

Some details:

- I've got a "force down" in place from 11pm until 7:30am in the scheduling options. Might this affect anything? Should it be "dial-on-demand" or something else instead?

- Yes, I've fiddled with the reg expiry time. 3600 seems to work for most of the MySIPswitch users who've posted on their forums, but I've tried as low as 120 and I'm still getting dropped registrations.

- The DrayTek does *not* re-login after I've changed the account settings under the VoIP tab on the router config page, but it *does* successfully log in after rebooting. But I just can't keep rebooting the router several times per day just to log back in to my SIP account.

This should be a "set it and forget it" function, and it's terribly inconvenient to have to keep checking up on the router to see if it's still holding the SIP registration. And then when I find it has dropped the reg, I've got to stop all my network traffic and then reboot.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Troubleshooting tips?

Mac OS X 10.5.x (MacBook Pro, iMac) • Vigor 2910VG router

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rossco555
  • User
  • User
More
31 Oct 2008 17:02 #2 by rossco555
Replied by rossco555 on topic Vigor 2910VG dropping SIP registrations
Is your firmware uo to date? V3.2.1 I believe. Rossco

• nostartnoend
  • Topic Author
More
31 Oct 2008 17:08 #3 by nostartnoend
Replied by nostartnoend on topic Vigor 2910VG dropping SIP registrations
Yes. I probably should have mentioned that in my post.

• rossco555
  • User
  • User
More
31 Oct 2008 20:40 #4 by rossco555
Replied by rossco555 on topic Vigor 2910VG dropping SIP registrations
Your SIP registration is set as 3600, which seems a lot to me. Although my router is the 2900VG, my SIP reg/expiry time is set at 10 mins without any problems for the last 4 years or so, using Draytel as SIP provider.

• nostartnoend
  • Topic Author
More
31 Oct 2008 20:59 #5 by nostartnoend
Replied by nostartnoend on topic Vigor 2910VG dropping SIP registrations
Thanks for your reply, Rossco555. I had a look in the Syslog tool to see what the given expiry time was during the login process. For MySIP switch it was 180, and setting my 2910 to this seems to have kept the connection alive.

My theory is that to avoid the dropped connections, the expiry time in the account settings should match exactly the expiry time that the individual VoIP servers respond with at logon.

If this works (or doesn't), I'll try to make a follow-up post.

• almaida
  • User
  • User
More
02 Oct 2009 15:28 #6 by almaida
Replied by almaida on topic Vigor 2910VG dropping SIP registrations
I have a similar problem. I have a 2910VG with 3.2.2 firmaware and it looses the registeration on both SIP account I have with Blueface. I my case de expiry time is 113 and matches the SIP registration response. No solution so far.