DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn Phone not ringing when PSTN call incoming

• graviton
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jul 2009 22:44 #1 by graviton
Connected my Philips CD645 telephone to my Daytek 2820Vn. When I call my POTS/PSTN phone number (e.g. from my mobile) I get a ring tone but the philips phone doesn't actually ring or answer.

I don't understand because I can't see any VOIP settings to turn POTS/PSTN incoming calls on. I think it is just supposed to do this automatically but it doesn't.

When I call my VOIP number (e.g. from my mobile) I get a ring tone and the Philips phone does ring.

Has anyone had this problem ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Any help or ideas welcomed. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2009 16:17 #2 by simonbrighton
Replied by simonbrighton on topic Re: 2820Vn Phone not ringing when PSTN call incoming

graviton wrote: Connected my Philips CD645 telephone to my Daytek 2820Vn. When I call my POTS/PSTN phone number (e.g. from my mobile) I get a ring tone but the philips phone doesn't actually ring or answer.

I don't understand because I can't see any VOIP settings to turn POTS/PSTN incoming calls on. I think it is just supposed to do this automatically but it doesn't.

When I call my VOIP number (e.g. from my mobile) I get a ring tone and the Philips phone does ring.

Has anyone had this problem ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Any help or ideas welcomed. Thanks.

Weird! I had the exact opposite problem with my 2820vn and my Philips DECT phone. Incoming calls on the PSTN line made it ring but incoming VoIP didn't.

I went to Argos and "blew" £9.99 on a "Basic DECT phone" to replace the £180 Philips and it works fine with both!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami